PDA

View Full Version : Advance camera...

alvin_cgi
12-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Hi all,

I am looking for a tutorial, using advance camera to create a still distortions image… I don’t know how to describe it, but it is something like 360 panorama thing, the camera will rotate surround the object, and the image will turn out twist or swirl… I have seen people done it many many times; there was a video tutorial when LW9 first came out, but long time ago, can’t find it... so can some one here please please help me…

Big thanks:bowdown:

Alvin

alvin_cgi
12-23-2007, 03:06 AM
:cry: anyone...

evenflcw
12-23-2007, 10:47 AM
You mean you couldn't find that tutorial anywhere on this page (atleast 4 to do with new cameras)?
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/tutorials/videos/index.php

I didn't watch to check, so going on memory, but I think it might be this one you were thinking of:
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/products/LightWave/Trial/Videos/ViewCam.mov

Pomfried
12-23-2007, 11:41 AM
I actually think he is referring to the Siggraph shows from 2005 where Andy Bishop demonstrated some new features of LW9. He showed a camera rotating around some kind of building and each scanline rendered at a different rotation, resulting in a twisted building.
But it seems NT has taken down these videos, as I can only find one Siggraph video from 2006 on their FTP server. Anyway, I am not even sure if we can still do what was presented, because not all of the features of Andy Bishop's version at that time did make it into the final release (I remember something about self interaction in HardFX also being able to be set to "Node" in some video, or the ACT previews were also different...).
Maybe someone still has these videos at hand?

alvin_cgi
12-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Pomfried,
Yes, you are right, that's is what I am looking to do, I sure LW9 can do that, I have seem people done it many many times, but I cant remember the steps...:help:

evenflcw,
Thanks, those videos are not what I am looking for.:)

Pomfried
12-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Ah, just looked around and it really is there :)
Open the properties panel of your camera, set your camera type to Advanced Camera and click on the properties button right next to it. There you can set Time Sweep to "Range down image start now" and e.g. a value like 0.2 below it (seems to be the time difference between two scanlines?). Then in the other two Time Sweep options I just set it to "Same as...". Well and a rendered image with a rotating camera rendered what you could see in Andy Bishop's presentation :thumbsup:

Just play around with these values, I'm sure you will find the right settings :D

alvin_cgi
12-23-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks Pomfried, I am really appreciated your helps.:)

i have tried your setting. but only see a very very minor change... I don't know what wrong with it, do you mind take a look on the file (attached) for me, please:bowdown:

Cheers
Alvin

Pomfried
12-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Hey,

yeah sure: basically all you had to do was adding more keyframes past your 60 frames of animation and increase the time sweep value a bit (I upped it to 2).
As far as I understand it, that's the fraction of frames each scanline is rendered after the previous scanline. So if you start rendering frame 0, the first scanline will be rendered also at 0 seconds, but scanline 50 for example will be 0 seconds + 50*TimeSweep frames later so to speak (how many seconds these are depends on the frames per second you use). But I am not entirely sure about that, maybe someone else who has used this more often can clarify these values :) [Just tested something and it seems to be resolution independent and consequently the Time Sweep value shouldn't be scanline-wise... But you should get the point nonetheless ;)]

Since I was too lazy too add more keyframes, I just added two expressions in the graph editor for the x and z positions of the camera, to move in a mathematically perfect circle in your 60 frames of animation. In addition to that I created a null for the camera to look at :)

Updated files are attached.

Oh and.. Merry Christmas to you and all other guys reading this :D

alvin_cgi
12-23-2007, 08:05 PM
Pomfried,

THANKS-You are the santa claus!!:)

I got it work now... merry christmas to you and everyone here!!:thumbsup:

Thank you very much!

Alvin