PDA

View Full Version : No demo, for how long?

mystic_fm
12-22-2007, 11:01 AM
I was hoping to give Lightwave v9 a trial evaluation, but the free trial page says they are working on it and to come back later. Can someone tell me how long the free trial page has said that, and maybe even give me a vague idea of how long I should expect to wait before being able to try v9 out? (E.g., if that page has said "check later" for as long as v9 has been out, then I probably shouldn't hold my breath for a demo to become available anytime soon.)

By the way, I'm disinclined to try an older version, particularly since I have an Intel MacBook Pro and am hoping to try the UB build in order to gauge how I can expect it to perform on my machine.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Limbus
12-22-2007, 11:07 AM
I was hoping to give Lightwave v9 a trial evaluation, but the free trial page says they are working on it and to come back later. Can someone tell me how long the free trial page has said that, and maybe even give me a vague idea of how long I should expect to wait before being able to try v9 out?

The page says that for too long, thats for sure. I hope they will offer a new demo soon because in this situation I cant really recommend LW to anyone because they cant try it out. I also don't understand why NT took down the old demo.

Cheers, Florian

IMI
12-22-2007, 11:09 AM
This might be what you're looking for...

http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/products/lightwave/index_lw9trial.html

Not sure if it includes the mac UB though.

mystic_fm
12-22-2007, 11:32 AM
This might be what you're looking for...

http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/products/lightwave/index_lw9trial.html

Not sure if it includes the mac UB though.

Unless I'm missing something, that just takes me to a page where I can enter a serial number for an (already downloaded?) trial version. When there's no trial software to be downloaded in the first place, it makes it kind of hard to register it. :)

IMI
12-22-2007, 11:37 AM
That doesn't work?
On the page it says, You will be asked to create a new account to log in. Once you have created your account and entered the site, click "My Downloads" and download the software appropriate for your computer's operating system.

I know it was working before at least, as this has come up several times recently, and we were redirecting people to Newtek Europe's site for it.

mystic_fm
12-22-2007, 01:45 PM
That doesn't work?
On the page it says, You will be asked to create a new account to log in. Once you have created your account and entered the site, click "My Downloads" and download the software appropriate for your computer's operating system.

I know it was working before at least, as this has come up several times recently, and we were redirecting people to Newtek Europe's site for it.

Oh! *slapping forehead* Yes, it DOES work! Thank you!

My problem was that I already had an account, so I didn't go through those same pages, and I had never noticed the tiny "My Downloads" menu at the top of the "Select product to register" page.

Better yet: for anyone else who reads this with the same questions, NewTek DOES have the 9.3.1 UB binary as a download option.

This is excellent news. I didn't have any hope of being able to evaluate LW9.3.1 UB until the new year at the very earliest, and now I can get started on trying it out this afternoon. Awesome ... thanks again!

:bowdown:

- David

IMI
12-22-2007, 03:45 PM
You're welcome, David, I hope you enjoy it. :)