PDA

View Full Version : Live Set Generator LW Plugin doesn't install correctly

goodrichm
12-21-2007, 05:02 PM
I installed the LW9.3.1 Live Set Generator plugin on my PC with LW9.3.1 and VT5, but it didn't install any plugins; only content (scenes, obj, presets).

I tried loading the included tutorial scenes, but LW said it couldn't find plugin types:

TextureHandler: Live Set Surface
AnimSaverHandler: Live Set Generator

In the included docs, it says there should be "LiveSet Generator" listed in LW's Master Plugins window under the "Add Layout or Scene Master" drop down list, but it's not there.

I searched on the PC for Live*.* and it only found content type files, but no plugin types.

Maybe the plugin installer is getting mixed up since I have LW8.5, LW9.0, LW9.2, and LW9.3.1 installed. However, the plugin's LiveSet content did install in the LW9.3.1 directory though.

Please can anyone help me out here?

MG

SBowie
12-21-2007, 07:55 PM
I haven't added the release version nor looked at it for awhile, Mark, but you probably yet have to add the plugins after installing them. Go to the Utilities tab, and look down the left-hand menu column for Add Plugins.

John Perkins
12-21-2007, 11:08 PM
It finds the directory based on the registry entry for 9.3.1, so if you manually move the folder or use a pre-release, it won't install correctly.

The two plugins are named:
magicsurface.p
vsfxsaver.p

goodrichm
12-22-2007, 12:11 PM
Steve,
Thanks for the help, but I couldn't add the plugins because I didn't know what they were called. I was looking for something called "LiveSet...". The docs don't say what the plugins are called.

John,
Thanks for giving me the names of the plugins! They were installed in the LW9.3.1 plugin folder where they should be, but I had no idea what they were called.

Recommend the plugin docs be updated to indicate the name of the plugins that get installed by the installer.

Happy holidays...Mark

badllarma
12-29-2007, 10:43 AM
deleted

NVentive
01-29-2008, 10:39 AM
I found them, but when I try to add them it says they 'can't be loaded.'
What's up with that?

NVentive
01-29-2008, 11:16 AM
I'm also getting the error message:

Processing,videoCPU,FXCompiler.dll not found. Reinstalling may fix this problem.

Hmm....Am I in for a long afternoon?

NVentive
01-29-2008, 12:20 PM
I guess it helps to make sure the right LW is up....9.2 isn't particularly interested in Livesets...
I thought I had updated my desktop icon, I guess I hadn't. '9.2' was there in the upper left, just bigger than Dallas. :stumped: