PDA

View Full Version : Some Office Renders

3DGFXStudios
12-21-2007, 04:08 PM
I made some renders from my office visualization project. Tell me what you think!

Some info about the scene:
Some renders took 2 ours to render some 13 ours. There is some SSS in the scene. (actually this didn't take long to render)

156 objects
7 area lights (1 sunlight)
Radiosity settings:
intensity 800%
500 rays and just one bounce
MES 10mm
and MPS 4.0

Rendered on an AMD x2 4800 x2 with 4gb ram

3DGFXStudios
12-21-2007, 04:10 PM
some more renders

Matt
12-21-2007, 06:07 PM
The lighting is quite real looking, but the lack of shadows underneath stuff is detracting.

Jerembass
12-22-2007, 01:10 AM
the object look like they have alot of detail... but they don't look like they belong with each other... like you perfectly cut images out and pasted together... i'd guess it's a lighting issue along with surfacing issues... but other wise it's looking good...

3DGFXStudios
12-22-2007, 05:33 AM
I agree with the shadow stuff. but somehow i didn't get the shadows darker. Only if I changed the exposure but than the whole image became to dark. Maybe decrease the intensity? mmm!

thnx for the comments guys!!!

Mitja
12-22-2007, 06:10 AM
It's a FG problem - basically with contact shadows. It's probably in relation with MES value (if not, someone correct me). I had the same issue for an animantion I'm working on. I would lower the RPE, and MES as well. But you will never have perfect contact shadows (like with FPrime) unless you put insane values.
I was wondering: what if I put an occlusion shader for every surface? This might help...but the render slow down.
But if I render an occlusion map (baking camera) with FPrime, and then apply this map to objects, things should go faster! This for exetreme cases, since you don't need always perfect shadows...
What do you think?

Apart of the shadows: nice work!!!

Pavlov
12-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Lighting looks good, just a bit too "grey" - there's a very little cromatic gradient between bright and dark areas, maybe you could use more saturated and color-rich image as lightsource.
In this moment it's hard to get clean GI and proper contact shadows in LW interpolated in reasonable times, you can use non-interpolated montecarlo or use AO (i'd go for the second).

Paolo

3DGFXStudios
12-23-2007, 11:56 AM
After I finish my current project I'm going to tryout all these tips! Montecarlo isn't an option. I tried it but it was incredibly slow.

Pavlov
12-24-2007, 07:05 AM
Since lighting here is mostly bounced (not coming from direct source or from first bounces), AO would be very effective.

Paolo

Steamthrower
12-24-2007, 08:09 AM
I think some of these look great, specifically the wide-angle ones, but it seems like your DOF is set way too high on some of the close-ups.

3DGFXStudios
12-24-2007, 11:02 AM
I used the normal real lens camera settings so it should be right. I use one wide angle and a normal 50mm one. I didn't change the dof settings in any of these renders exept the focal distance to make it more realistic.