PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Edition

A.Russell
07-08-2003, 04:48 AM
I've just got the discovery version and am about to evaluate Lightwave to see if I want to buy it or not. I'm trying out some other 3d packages too.

The modeler installed properly, but the main program won't run. I get a "can't open message table" error:confused: . I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I still get the error. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm running it on a fairly new Windows XP machine with specs well over the minimum.

The modeler looks really good. I just had a short play around with it last night. The interface looks like it wasn't made for Windows, but it has a lot of options. Can't wait to start playing around with the animator.

gjjackson
07-08-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by A.Russell
I've just got the discovery version and am about to evaluate Lightwave to see if I want to buy it or not. I'm trying out some other 3d packages too.

The modeler installed properly, but the main program won't run. I get a "can't open message table" error:confused: . I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I still get the error. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm running it on a fairly new Windows XP machine with specs well over the minimum.

The modeler looks really good. I just had a short play around with it last night. The interface looks like it wasn't made for Windows, but it has a lot of options. Can't wait to start playing around with the animator.

Did you download the upgrade. If so, I'm not sure it will install correctly with the dongle and sentinel drivers

A.Russell
07-09-2003, 03:10 AM
Thank you.

I did download the update. I did it accidently -I didn't look at what I was downloading, I just thought it must be a trial version and clicked it:rolleyes:

Anyway, is there a way to get rid of/turn off the sentinel thing so that my Discovery Edition will run?

gjjackson
07-09-2003, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by A.Russell
Thank you.

Anyway, is there a way to get rid of/turn off the sentinel thing so that my Discovery Edition will run?

I do know that if no key is present that version reverts to the Discovery Edition, that is, if it is installed as an update. That is my experience. I wonder if it could be a license.key file issure. You could check in the programs folder for that file. If not I would create one and put any number in it and see what happens.

A.Russell
07-09-2003, 10:57 AM
Thanks Jackson, fixed it!

:)