PDA

View Full Version : where is move plus?

stib
12-20-2007, 05:10 AM
I got all exited by Protons move plus vid and went to have a red hot go of it, but I can't find it - either in my menus or when I search my plugins or even when I look in my install dir in for the plugin file.

Does anyone know what the file is called for this plugin?

colkai
12-20-2007, 05:16 AM
I believe he mentioned it as called 'translate.p' - so it is kinda confusing. ;)

stib
12-20-2007, 05:50 AM
I thought there was a translate plus - which lets you translate things only on one axis (should really be called translate minus), and a move plus, which was like the move tool combined with the point normal tool.

RudySchneider
12-20-2007, 08:56 AM
On the "standard" LightWave GUI, you can locate Move Plus under Modify > Translate > More...

IMI
12-20-2007, 09:02 AM
I had that same problem, which I wrote about in the Move Plus thread, right shortly after he uploaded the video.
If you set your menu to Default, it will be where he showed it.
If you open the Configure Menus panel (ALT+F10) and do a search for "translate", that's actually what Move Plus is before it was renamed.

IMI
12-20-2007, 09:15 AM
It seems as though loading a saved custom menu can alter things in newer versions. In my case, I was using a menu cfg file I had been using since 9.0. Silly, I guess, but easier than making a new one. I assumed new items would appear, while old tools would stay as-is, but I guess that's not the case.

stib
12-20-2007, 09:32 AM
I thought that's what it was. I was just going to add the plugin, but I couldn't find anything that looked like move plus on my hard drive.

I've been keeping my cfg files too. I've got LW configured just the way I want it, so it makes sense to.

SplineGod
12-20-2007, 10:28 AM
Just wish Newtek would consolidate the tools. We have so many cut and move tools that its getting ridiculous.

colkai
12-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Amend to that Larry.
A little beefing up of the tools wouldn't go amiss either. :)

IMI
12-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Just wish Newtek would consolidate the tools. We have so many cut and move tools that its getting ridiculous.

That would be cool. Like one master tool for everything similar, which opens up all sub-tools or options in one Numeric Panel. Kinda-sorta.

I just spent an hour using BandSaw and just noticed I have a "BandSaw Pro". Reason being I had moved Bandsaw up, while BandSaw Pro was still under "More".

And to think I could have been using Pro all this time! I feel like such an amateur now. :D

Steamthrower
12-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Yeah, I've only been using Bandsaw Pro for almost year now.:ohmy:

IMI
12-20-2007, 04:56 PM
Yeah, I've only been using Bandsaw Pro for almost year now.:ohmy:

Congratulations.
Well aren't you just Mr. Cool? :lol:

Steamthrower
12-20-2007, 05:01 PM
Well aren't you just Mr. Cool?

:screwy:

Totally. Hey guys I need help figuring out how to render. I keep press the F key and the 9 key like the manual says but nothing happens. I think my dongle is fried or something. Help! ;)

IMI
12-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Yes, that's what the problem is alright - the dongle. it's a little cranky at times.
They need cleaning from time to time. What you do is remove it and simply throw it in a pot of boiling weak hydrochloric acid solution, about 20% acid to 80% distilled water. Add the acid very slowly.
Allow to boil until all fluid has bolied off, and you're good to go. ;)

stib
12-20-2007, 05:36 PM
I'd say you've got a bit of data stuck in your motherboard somewhere. Sometimes data gets stuck in the wires betweenthe different parts of your computer, and the best way to fix this is to zap it out with a bit of static electricity. Rub your shoes on the carpet until you've built up a good charge and then touch some of the wires on the big circuit board inside your computer. The data could be stuck in any one of these wires so do it a few times on different places all over the board. You'll find that all your computer problems will be over after doing this procedure.

IMI
12-20-2007, 06:23 PM
I'd say you've got a bit of data stuck in your motherboard somewhere. Sometimes data gets stuck in the wires betweenthe different parts of your computer, and the best way to fix this is to zap it out with a bit of static electricity.

I believe you're referring to the phenomenon known as Binary Data Jam.
It's best visualized by picturing a log jam on a river, but the river shores are the wires, and the "logs" are the ones and zeros.
Occasionally a one gets wedged into the hole in a zero, and, like a fishhook, won't come out easily. As they tumble along, they don't flow as well and can cause other ones and zeros to get hung up.
Good call! I can't believe I missed that. Cleaning the dongle would have no effect in this situation. ;)

RudySchneider
12-20-2007, 08:24 PM
What I hate is when my random bit bucket gets full! I'm constantly forgetting to empty it out, and I end up with random bytes all over the place. It's embarrassing having to explain them to my girlfriend!