PDA

View Full Version : Warp-ed Minds

John Perkins
12-19-2007, 05:24 PM
The warp types in the LiveSet Generator for Aura are well documented, but some people still have trouble knowing when to use each type. I don't blame them, it confused me at first too.

There is increased processing as the warp types get more complex, so to get the best image quality and speed of compilation, use the least complex warp that can accomplish what you need.

For example, using a Complex warp for a straight fullscreen video layer is overkill. You will get better, faster results from Keyhole.

In order of complexity:
Keyhole is an easy one. It only uses the alpha information, it doesn't change the position of the pixels at all.

Simple can can do anything to the proxy as long as the horizontal rows of pixels of the video remain parallel and the vertical columns of pixels in the video remain parallel.

Complex is pretty much anything goes, including everything Simple is capable of, plus perspective, bending or even smearing the pixels around randomly.

I made the attached image to attempt to get the subtle differences across. It has nothing to do with the shape of the proxy, but rather how the original pixels are treated.

Hopefully the grid lines will help to clarify this.

umit
02-28-2008, 03:37 AM
Are the pixels getting their positions from "vertex maps"? I've done some experimenting and it seems like it.

umit
02-28-2008, 03:38 AM
EDIT: Ops, double post... Got an error when posting my first response.