PDA

View Full Version : A donut

neuromancer78
07-08-2003, 03:48 AM
This is a donut I worked on for a few days. I work at a gas station and see donuts EVRY DAY, and for some reason while playing around I got on a kick to make the ultimate donut. My girlfriend thought it looked yummy, so here you go - The Donut.

neuromancer78
07-08-2003, 05:56 AM
Ok, so it's not as good as I would like, but it's not bad IMO for 3 objects with Hypervoxels and bump displacemnt. The lighting needed work, and the surface of the "table" leaves much to be desired. Not to mention this was not anti aliased so it does look jagged.

But come on - For a few hours of work with something out of the blue - how can you go wrong?

I like it. And Homer Simpson likes it. hehe

riki
07-08-2003, 07:53 AM
mmmmmm not sure if I would eat that :)

Titus
07-08-2003, 08:15 AM
I think the model is right but you need to work more on the shading to make it teally yummy. The chocolate top needs some type of specular.

As noticed earlier the lighting makes flat your object.

MorituriMax
07-08-2003, 10:29 AM
Looks like what happens when an Aliens Facehugger tries to add some fibre to its diet... mmmm, BranMuffin facehugger......

If that thing hatches you'll have a very constipated Alien..

:D

Mebek
07-08-2003, 01:54 PM
put some crumbs on the table, and maybe a sheet of wax paper under it (good luck with the refraction). Looks cool, and very original. The icing looks somewhat sinister (I'm arachniphobic and it looks like it's going to leap at me) but real enough to convince me that it's edible.