PDA

View Full Version : Convienant store - Arch. Viz

Larry_g1s
12-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Quick arch. viz project. Complete conceptual, so we got to design the elevations, which was fun. Tried to get the street to look wet in areas, okay results, I would have liked a bit more time to nail that better.

Rendered in fPrime mostly used LWCAD 2.5 for modeling.

Nicolas Jordan
12-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Looks pretty good. I like the reflective puddle effect you have going on there. The only thing that look a bit off were the curbs, they appear white when they would normally have a grayish texture. Are the curbs painted white?

Larry_g1s
12-18-2007, 11:12 PM
Looks pretty good. I like the reflective puddle effect you have going on there. The only thing that look a bit off were the curbs, they appear white when they would normally have a grayish texture. Are the curbs painted white?Thanks nj3Design for the comments. No the curbs aren't painted white, they were the default gray, and I just missed texturing them for the final render. I noticed that to after I rendered it, but I needed to get it to print for the client.

Mitja
12-19-2007, 01:20 AM
It looks good to me too! The only thing are the curbs and the sidewalk, but you already know. And I think that wet areas are too large and too many. I think you have applyed a turbolent procedural or something like that, you should break it up somehow, I mean 4-5 puddles here and there would do the job. And a little reflection blurring on them. Otherwise it's good! I like red flowers, they are so realistic!
cheers

Pheidian
12-19-2007, 01:30 AM
Overall very good work!

Lack of reflections here and there makes it look like a 3D cad image or similar... Would have loved to see more reflective cars, they are look sort of matte painted now, which makes them look like plastic vs the people which are sharp and realistic...

Also the water on the ground looks little undefined, there should be seen some kind of harder reflections or similar, they just look little blurred or something... Didn't even notice them at first that it was supposed to be water...

Bodger Bowham
12-20-2007, 09:01 AM
You'll need to work on the water. At first glance I thought it was a real bad tarmac texture. Mainly because of the lack of reflectivity in the puddles.

I'd put some more shrubs or something in the background, as it kind of looks like the store is placed at the edge of the world. The sky doesn't halp with that. I would use a much simpler sky.

And tree shadows will help break it up a little.

Generally looking a little N64. Seems over-saturated to me, although your client may have asked for the image to be that way. And I reckon you need some bumps and more interesting textures, as it all looks a little flat.

Larry_g1s
12-20-2007, 03:39 PM
I appreciate the response guys/gals. It's a little frustrating when you see 100+ views and now response, so again thanks!

As for the curbs, I've already re-rendered it, and I changed the paint textures on the cars to be more reflective & realistic.

Bodger Bowham, "Generally looking a little N64" ... really? :screwy:
http://www.emunova.net/img/tests/84.jpg

colkai
12-21-2007, 01:40 AM
hehe, I mean yeah, can't you see the similarities? :D ;)

archijam
12-21-2007, 05:21 AM
I agree on the ground. Even in the thumbnail something looks off. I would make your puddles more reflective, or hook reflection to incidence angle (if it isn't already) and change the gradient that you can read the difference.
There should also be a small scale bump or diffuse on the ground.

Have you tried using a fog int he background? I like the foreground details, it's actually the setting which lets this one down for me ...

j.