PDA

View Full Version : LW 9.3.1 UB help functions completely broken?

3dworks
12-18-2007, 10:39 AM
are the help functions of the UB version completely broken or is it only here, on my setup?

if i choose the web base help, lightwave directs me to the site http://help.lightwave3d.com/ where definitely no help at all can be found. if i select 'contents' an empty apple help viewer is opened, blank white page. if i open manually the index.htm in the shared support/help/ folder i will get an index page but nothing more. any click on hyperlinks for 'installed help' will give me a browser error...

i did my LW9 UB install as the recommended drag and drop installation. maybe the help resources are missing in this folder? but if so, WHERE can i get them?

if it's a general problem, a vital function for beginners or demo testers is missing, and in any case, this is not good when compared to the inbuilt interactive help of the famous competing product starting with m! ;)

... well, gonna look in my good ole printed LW9 manual.

markus

3dworks
12-18-2007, 10:56 AM
as a follow up: i fixed this for myself (but only for the manual opening of the index.html) with a copy of the WebHelp folder from my LW win64 installation to the Help folder within SharedSupport. definitely, the apple and web based helps need to be fixed, too!

lucky to have bootcamp and a win64 version of LW installed...

markus

Chilton
12-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Hi Markus,

The Mac 9.3.1 downloads will get a revamp soon, and the help files will be included, in the right places.

-Chilton

3dworks
12-18-2007, 12:41 PM
good to hear ;)

markus