PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Bars & Tone Clips, 30 sec each?

CreatvGnius
12-18-2007, 09:02 AM
Could we have 30 sec. Bars and Tone included with SpeedEDIT™, SpeedEDIT VT, and Edit Media in TriCaster STUDIO™ that provide for 100% SMPTE bars and 75% SMPTE bars, with 1KHz tone at 0 dB -- but in several "flavors" of "0dB"?

Since there are various "standards" for 0dB reference, depending on the type equipment one is planning to output to, perhaps a small variety of such files could be made available, with varying audio output reference levels, with text associated with the file, indicating what that "0dB level" relates to.

Admittedly, I don't have a fully-developed concept of what I'm suggesting here, but perhaps someone might take it from there, and develop something along these lines.

But perhaps the idea stinks from the outset, providing a basis for further confusion over level settings and the use of these proposed A/V clips. In case I'm onto something, does anybody have any refined ideas on this?
-PeterG

ted
12-18-2007, 10:49 AM
1k tone is 1k tone. All it is, is a reference so you can send that "Reference" through an entire system to make sure everything is matching to what you are intending to send out. You can raise or lower the final output to meet your gears needs. There are other types of test tones, but not used for dubbing.
There are two kinds of Bars, but todays standards use the Bars with the 100% white and 0% superblack.
As always, this is just my opinion. :D

CreatvGnius
01-01-2008, 09:58 PM
1k tone is 1k tone. All it is, is a reference so you can send that "Reference" through an entire system to make sure everything is matching to what you are intending to send out. You can raise or lower the final output to meet your gears needs. There are other types of test tones, but not used for dubbing.
There are two kinds of Bars, but todays standards use the Bars with the 100% white and 0% superblack.
As always, this is just my opinion. :D

The clarification of the matter via your response here is much appreciated, Ted.
Happy New Year all!
-PeterG