PDA

View Full Version : Clicking comtinue after every F9

Boris Goreta
12-18-2007, 06:19 AM
Is it possible not having to click continue after every F9 ? I mean, if I surface and light the scene I have to press F9 milion times and after every render I have to click the continue button. Render status window is totally useless during testing. Is there a way to disable it but still have final image displayed ? It is driving me crazy !

Matt
12-18-2007, 07:13 AM
I find knowing how long the render took (displayed in the Render Status window) is essential while building scenes.

Sensei
12-18-2007, 07:15 AM
I think so Jeremy Hardin made script which launch LWSN in the background and display result or so.. Maybe look at it, whether it won't block your GUI..

Red_Oddity
12-18-2007, 08:37 AM
Or have an overlay in the Image Viewer that shows the render info/log over the rendered image (dare i say it, alla, Maya's Render View)
It can't be that hard to store some meta data with each image in the buffer of the Image Viewer and be able to see it overlayed.

Andyjaggy
12-18-2007, 08:46 AM
someone somewhere wrote a script that stores meta data in a seperate text file with your render.... I think I remember that anyway.

PixelFarmer
12-18-2007, 09:36 AM
I have asked to have that annoying function removed for years. At minimum it could be turned off by user preference. The Quickview 4 image viewer plugin will close the message automatically (it still takes a awhile to close it).