PDA

View Full Version : Dr Who Christmas Animation

skin12002
12-18-2007, 05:05 AM
My other half is a BIG Doctor Who fan and this was made for her friends on the Who forums – though you might like to see it,

the first half is mostly lightwave/fprime and the second is vue xstream

Merry Christmas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0xUSzb3Es0

With thanks to:

Rob Semenoff, (who3d.co.uk/tardis) for K-9 model

Rhys Salcombe for NS Dalek Model,

Chris‘Demat’ for the 4th Doctors TARDIS model

and The Doctor Who wav archive (dwwa.net)

All the best, Skin12002

Mitja
12-18-2007, 06:04 AM
It seems like a lot of work to do something like this,huh? Really impressive...
But, who is dr Who?

androidmaker
12-18-2007, 06:27 AM
i loved it. do more.

skin12002
12-18-2007, 06:40 AM
who is dr Who? Exactly!!:) It's a question that's been asked on the show for the last 40 years

Steamthrower
12-18-2007, 07:30 AM
Cool animation. The weird variations in quality though struck me as odd. For example, in the latter scenes they are very very realistic, yet some of the beginning ones (with the sleigh, specifically) look kind of stiff. The clouds were amazing though...

...but wait. Why am I critiquing it? This is Dr. Who! One doesn't critique Dr. Who. One enjoys Dr. Who. If you can get past the weird British zpazza...

Alliante
12-18-2007, 08:48 AM
*standing ovation*

Very nice work and very watchable! Great job on the characterizations I could immediately tell who was who even with just the mannerisms, not just the modeling!

I'm glad to see that there is some talent willing to do things for fun still :)

tonybliss
12-18-2007, 09:17 AM
clever and cute ....

Me likes

GregMalick
12-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Me and my other half like this video too.

Will you be doing more?

Exception
12-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Fantastic!
How did you do the clouds?

JVitale
12-18-2007, 11:41 PM
this was awesome!...I am a big Dr. Who fanatic too and I have sent the link to other Dr.Who fans I know...Cool stuff!

inquisitive
12-19-2007, 01:45 AM
Great work!

Those clouds were created with Vue (he mentions). v6.5 is supposed to be able to render some cool clouds.

meshpig
12-19-2007, 01:57 AM
My other half is a BIG Doctor Who fan and this was made for her friends on the Who forums – though you might like to see it,

the first half is mostly lightwave/fprime and the second is vue xstream

Merry Christmas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0xUSzb3Es0

With thanks to:

Rob Semenoff, (who3d.co.uk/tardis) for K-9 model

Rhys Salcombe for NS Dalek Model,

Chris‘Demat’ for the 4th Doctors TARDIS model

and The Doctor Who wav archive (dwwa.net)

All the best, Skin12002

Bah! Humbug. Just sent the link to all and sundry.
Thanks, we've been Who fans since John Pertwee!

M:)

Rayden
12-20-2007, 07:14 AM
It's really cool! Thanks for showing this to us!
Merry Christmas

LW_Will
12-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Bravo! Good use of the Doctors, K9 and the Daleks!

Merry Xmas!

Jerembass
12-22-2007, 12:52 AM
ok, sorry but i don't get it... i take it there is some show... i'll try to find it and watch but it seems more like you wasted the talent you have to make nothing.... if i'm missing the joke i truely am sorry but other wise... well could you pick a new topic all the you tube stuff was boring and confusing... love the work not the ideas... well... i hope i was clear... i'm not try to be an ******* but i tryed writing the same thought out and thats the way i took it everything, so that not the way i'm meaning it... blru.... :)

skin12002
12-22-2007, 01:33 AM
ok, sorry but i don't get it... i take it there is some show... i'll try to find it and watch but it seems more like you wasted the talent you have to make nothing.... if i'm missing the joke i truely am sorry but other wise... well could you pick a new topic all the you tube stuff was boring and confusing... love the work not the ideas... well... i hope i was clear... i'm not try to be an ******* but i tryed writing the same thought out and thats the way i took it everything, so that not the way i'm meaning it... blru.... :)

It Might help to look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who

This should give you a start!! I would search out the more recent shows (with Eccleston and Tennant as the doctor) if you want to give the show a try

In the animation I have used the first doctor (Hartnell) as santa and have the current incarnation (Tennant) save him. In the history of the show there have been occasions when current and previous incarnations have got together to solve a difficult problem

I hope this helps

It's all a bit of british eccentricity i suppose

anyway merry christmas!!

:)

archijam
12-22-2007, 03:22 AM
It's great. I think this is something only Dr Who can inspire ..

In my childhood in Australia he was also huge, and my friends and I were writing our own Who fiction, I even knitted my own Tom Baker scarf .....

It's just so. :) So if you don't understand, better to keep crits to the execution, not the content ...

Jerembass
12-22-2007, 02:14 PM
cool, i'll go check it out... the only reason why the critics included content was because i'v have been told over and over that the execution is largely powered by the content... i was not trying to knock it down...

merry x-mas :)

F1Racer
12-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Brilliant stuff. Vues spectral atmospheres are lovely aren't they ? :)
Im loving my Vue xtream too. Nice work all round.

Hopper
12-26-2007, 11:00 PM
That was simply fantasic! I love Dr. Who, but I had only been watching since Tom Baker was the Doctor (I'm sure his eyes would have been MUCH harder to animate!) :)

skin12002
12-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Hi Everyone

Thanks for all the nice comments

The Vue clouds and spectral atmos are great and I personally love xstream and hope that E-ON can iron out the bugs and gotchas in it. As it does give spectacular results

anyway all the best to everybody for the new year

Skin