PDA

View Full Version : Plug-in question from a LW Newbie

roydee
12-18-2007, 02:59 AM
Hi,
I am new to LW and also new to this forum and I have a problem which I have agonised on for a couple of hours. I have loaded a plug-in in Modeller using the f11 key under the UTILITIES tab. However the "Plug-in" tab is not displayed on the menu. The manual says that this tab would be become available once a plug-in is loaded. I have looked and looked and tried MENU LAYOUT etc but I unable get Modeller to display this tab. HELP PLEASE!!! :confused: :confused:

BeeVee
12-18-2007, 06:20 AM
Usually, plug-ins appear under the Utilities > Additional menu when added.

B

roydee
12-19-2007, 01:05 AM
Thanks Ben. I have also worked out how to create a PLUG-INS tab to contain the plug-ins that I am curently working on. This saves time from clickling on Untilities > Additional menu and the looking for the plug-in that I need at the time. This is done through menu layout customisation and took me a lot of reading of the manual to finally work out but I got it in the end. thanks for your response.

BeeVee
12-19-2007, 02:33 AM
Very good, that's exactly right. If you want to have plugins that are available on every tab (without having to switch tabs) put them in the top menu group. Also, in your plugins folder on disk, make a new folder called "3rdParty" that you put all your external plugins into. That way, any time you need to move all your plugins to a new version you can just copy that one folder.

B