PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try Quidam 2 and LW exporter yet?

Speedmonk42
12-18-2007, 01:38 AM
I hope this does not devolve into some kind of poser debate. Perhaps there is a 3D version of Godwins Law, that states any discussion of 3D software eventually turns into a battle over Poser.

I promise I am NOT making art.

Anyone try it yet?

Darth Mole
12-18-2007, 01:56 AM
Should be getting a copy soon. There were issues with previous versions which I reported back; hopefully this one should be sorted.

(With reference to Poser, Quidam lets you export a low-poly base mesh which you can then work on, texture and pose in your 3D app of choice. It's a bit like a having a LW plug-in called 'make primitive humanoid figure'.)

cresshead
12-18-2007, 03:58 AM
just to clarify, the pro/studio version of quidam can export the lowpoly pre freeze character models, the standard version exports a frozen mesh which is just like freezing a sub patched model so it's waay higher poly count and more akin to a poser export...

just so you know in advance of buying a version and export plugin for it.:thumbsup:

IMI
12-18-2007, 02:44 PM
I don't know what all Quidam has, but Makehuman does decent low-poly meshes, and is free and open source. I think it's a 16 bit app though.