PDA

View Full Version : Hunted Animated Short

korda
12-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Hi all,
My latest animation 'Hunted' is online. It is a complicated tale about a man who tries to kill a beast. It was made this year; my second year of study at the Institute for Design Entertainment and the Arts. There are a few technical glitches that I couldn't iron out before the deadline but overall I'm quite satisfied with it.
It can currently be viewed on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/MatthewKorda

I would appreciate any feedback

Sarford
12-18-2007, 04:06 AM
Hi Korda,

I just watched your animation and I liked it.
Animation was quite bad, no secondary motion, no anticipation, no folow through, no character emotions. The deformation of the rigs could also have been better. Especialy the lion has some arkward anatomy with his legs on the sides of his body instead under him. Don't take this too hard though, it is nothing which can't be worked out with a bit more experience.

The cutting of your movie was effective in my eyes. Especialy the middle bit has a nice tence feeling. Timing of the shots could have been a bit better to give the story a bit more coherent speed, especialy in the beginning and end.

The animation of the spaceship was ok and I liked the nice little toutch of blowing away the title.

I might seem quite harsh but I think this is a very good efford indeed and it is certenly something to be proud of.

Lottmedia
12-18-2007, 10:52 AM
I can agree with the criticism, and the encouragement. The modeling and animation could use work, but the fact that you completeted a finished short is somethign to really be proud of. Lots of time I get so caught up in getting a model looking just right I never get around to animation it, let alone using it it a short. Cudos to you!

Casey :cat: