PDA

View Full Version : DVD writer with Tricaster studio

zonuna
12-17-2007, 11:53 AM
Can i connect or fit a DVD Writer on Tricaster studio so that i can write a finished video file after Live switching

Paul Lara
12-19-2007, 10:29 AM
You can connect an external DVD Burner via S-Video or USB, yes.

zonuna
12-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Thanks for helping me Paul

SportsJunkie
12-22-2007, 08:36 AM
You could also use your DVD burner to record in real time, saving you a ton of time rendering "after-the-fact". I have had excellent results using an A/V distribution amp to "drive" multiple DVD burners concurrently, during a live event. Then when you are finished, you simply give/sell the finished product to the client. I drive multiple burners so that I will have an original "burned" copy that I can make ISO images from. Again, this saves considerable time by not having to render the AVI's.

zonuna
12-28-2007, 09:04 AM
Hi, SportsJunkie

I am interested on your subject about realtime DVD burner can I use my normal external usb pc DVD writer for that, if yes please guide me.

zonuna
12-28-2007, 11:34 AM
Hi, SportsJunkie

I am interested on your subject about realtime DVD burner can I use my normal external usb pc DVD writer for that, if yes please guide me.

SportsJunkie
12-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Although the Sony DVDirect does have a USB port, I have never tried it. I usually use the S-Video for my video feed and the simple RCA jacks (Red/White) for my audio feeds. Because I am driving two burners at the same time, I feed both of the burners from a Calrad A/V distribution amp. Since 90% of my video is captured at sporting events, I have built an ATA travel case with wheels, slide-out keyboard tray, drawers and dual monitor mounts. I wired all the electrical into a surge protector and then I wired the suppressor into a male, flush mount 110v electrical jack. Now when I show up on site all my gear is self contained, foam padded and all I have to do is plug an extension cord into the side of the case. :thumbsup: (Of course, it does take two grown men to haul it up any stairs and some of the older gyms are a bit precarious.):devil: