PDA

View Full Version : DVD Authoring questions non VT related

bbeanan
07-07-2003, 03:57 PM
Question that is not really VT related... has anyone done a multi-camera angle DVD?? I am working on a training video which this could be very helpful to have but I have never done it or for that matter even seen it used on any DVD, but I see the button on my remote??

Aegis
07-07-2003, 05:59 PM
Haven't used it myself but I've seen a few commercial DVDs that did - I think Blade used it in the special features to show scenes before and after digital effects were added - pretty neat :)

BenBrown
07-07-2003, 08:55 PM
Although I have never tried it personally, I have discussed multicam dvds with a dvd authoring guru...here is what he told me.

1. The authoring software must support it. I know that DVD Studio pro does (If you have a...Gulp...MAC :)). I dont think the current version of Sonic ReelDVD does.

2. Supposedly all files must be exactly the same length. So a 30 minute video with four angles would take 2 hours of video.

3. The available dvd bandwidth must be considered because each stream takes a certain ammount.

I too have thought this would be a neat feature, but I dont have access to the authoring software to try.

HTH

BEN