PDA

View Full Version : Image Map...Not Mapping

massmusic
12-15-2007, 12:43 PM
I have a still TGA image 32 pixel depth a size of 1920X3520 weighing in at 25.8 MB. This image is of several images rendered out in LW then comped into one using Photoshop. I'm trying to use it as a planar image map on a flat rectangular poly. I can see it in the image editor and surface editor and even on the poly itself using open GL. The image cannot be auto sized to the poly object, nor does it show up on the sphere model in the surface editor. I know someone knows what's up with dis. And The drunk elves have already been here so it ain't them:hey:

colkai
12-15-2007, 01:07 PM
my guess, your alpha channel is enabled. go into the image editor and disable it

massmusic
12-15-2007, 03:02 PM
It still doesn't show on the sphere, but it does render. Trust me I am not a new-newbie, I'm just an old OLD user:bowdown:

colkai
12-16-2007, 02:31 AM
It still doesn't show on the sphere, but it does render. Trust me I am not a new-newbie, I'm just an old OLD user:bowdown:
Hehe, I can relate. ;) :p

I'm not sure that if there is an alpha it does show on the sphere correctly in OGL. Have to admit, my PC / GFX card ain't powerful enough to handle the GSL shading with multi textures so can't test that.

Daft question, have your tried say making a copy of the image at a more "normal" res and seeing if that displays the same problems, just to isolate size as being the issue?