PDA

View Full Version : Manipulating virtual sets

iblive
12-15-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm looking to make some changes to some of the sets that were preloaded in the tricaster studio. For instance, we want to open up the DVE cut out of the key area on some of the angles. Is anyone interested in helping for $$$?

Kurt_Henning
12-20-2007, 06:52 AM
Are you asking the camera to zoom out from the b-roll monitor?

That would be cool, but I don't know how that would be possible. VSFX uses "Zoom Lengths" like in traditional camera terms (medium shot, close-up, wide), but the focal lenghts are fixed. When you are on a particular set it is true that you can change the predetermined zoom lengths in the set, but if you are asking the VSFX to do a virtual "camera move," that is not what it is designed to do (as far as I gather from the documentation thus far).

Or are you asking if you can use a DVE inside of a VSFX? You can have two different Virtual Sets and use any DVE to transition. You can have DVEs in the b-roll that you are playing from a DDR if you load them. So you can use DVEs with LiveSets, but everyone does not want to use DVEs the same way.

Everyone likes $$$$$ but more information is needed to figure out if your idea is possible (in 2007) and what effects can you achieve for your work.

IF this was a script, what would it say is supposed to happen in your show? :question:

nsdV
03-18-2008, 07:17 PM
I'm not sure if this is what he was talking about but it would be cool to have a DVE that would align with the video monitor (b-roll) and bring the b-roll into full screen. Kind of like a PinP into full screen. The dVE would have to start with both the program and preview showing at the beginning. Aligning the start point would be the hardest part.

There could be a whole folder (set) of DVE's that could work with livesets.

CreatvGnius
03-18-2008, 08:32 PM
I'm not sure if this is what he was talking about but it would be cool to have a DVE that would align with the video monitor (b-roll) and bring the b-roll into full screen. Kind of like a PinP into full screen. The dVE would have to start with both the program and preview showing at the beginning. Aligning the start point would be the hardest part.

There could be a whole folder (set) of DVE's that could work with livesets.

Or is iblive (the thread originator) asking to have the matte "cut-out" enlarged, on various angles within a particular set design, so as to allow for several subjects to stand or be seated, within the sets?

That's something that I'm almost certain NewTek is working on, and preparing to unveil no later than NAB 2008.
-PeterG

joseburgos
03-20-2008, 07:29 AM
I'm looking to make some changes to some of the sets that were preloaded in the tricaster studio. For instance, we want to open up the DVE cut out of the key area on some of the angles. Is anyone interested in helping for $$$?

Send me more details via email and I will send you a quote.
[email protected]
Take care,