PDA

View Full Version : grid size in modeler

jimiclaybrooks
12-14-2007, 10:53 AM
I have a model that I'm doing in 9.0, and the grid size is set to 6". Nothing I can do will get the model to close in more than that, so what can I do to change this? At present, the model looks to be about 4 feet away, which won't allow me to do any real detailing on it. I"ve had this problem before and have always wondered why this is. thanks

iconoclasty
12-14-2007, 11:19 AM
You can't zoom in anymore? I don't even know how you change the grid size in modeler, I thought it was always dynamic. I'm confused.

gerry_g
12-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Select a polygon hit 'shift+A' but this doesn't always work, sometimes just rotating around it and zooming in again will do it, modeling too far from the centre of origin will cause these kinds of problem, it's always seemed very hit and miss to me.

Andyjaggy
12-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Yes try centering the data, sometimes when the object is way off center, or off it's pivot you are more limited to how far you can zoom in.

I run into this problem a lot.

jimiclaybrooks
12-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks a lot guys. It seems that indeed, that is the problem. Too far from world center and I really can't do anything about it except move the model.