PDA

View Full Version : New TriCaster Model - coming soon

Paul Lara
12-12-2007, 05:42 PM
We'd like to give you some advance notice about a new member of the TriCaster family that we will be officially announcing next month.

The new model is called TriCaster PRO FX. It offers TriCaster STUDIO-like effects capabilities (virtual sets, new keying technology, etc.) in the the smaller, 3-camera TriCaster and TriCaster PRO form factor. Additional new features include a new "Edit Text" tab with fully integrated Character Generator, and more video storage capacity.

There are a few differences from the TriCaster STUDIO (besides the smaller size). It only has one alpha-enabled DDR, there are no tally lights and only 2 XLR's on the front panel.

NewTek will be posting more information about TriCaster PRO FX, including photos, a feature list, a FAQ and more. Please contact your authorized NewTek reseller for additional details and more information about the TriCaster PRO FX upgrade/trade-in program.

Paul Lara

Here are a couple screenshots to help you imagine a happier 2008!

sbrandt
12-13-2007, 12:39 AM
I'm already thinking about taking on extra sidework toward this. ...how much?

Kurt_Henning
12-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Wow.

I use the TCP, and the larger pICONs in the CG are very welcomed.

Adding CG capabilities to the TCP is a great idea.

As far as "Edit Media' goes, will that be the original TCP editor, or will that be SE under the hood?

For the VT crowd, the toolset will be familiar, and appears to be nicely streamlined from the pics.

Looking forward to more announcements and information.

NAB isn't until next year, I guess you guys are getting prepped early.

I predict 08 will hold big changes for video producers in order to survive. I hope tools like these will keep us competitive and above water for a bit longer.

D3Cast
12-13-2007, 09:47 AM
Wow. CG functionality looks great. And "support for monitors with resolutions higher than 1280x1024 for user interface"!

Just curious -- what is the "VCR/Pic/Text" selection in the "Overlay" for?

Can't wait to hear more...

-s

John Perkins
12-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Just curious -- what is the "VCR/Pic/Text" selection in the "Overlay" for?

That is to choose which source you want to use for overlay.

For instance, you can now overlay a scroll or animated lower third from the VCR.

Paul Lara
12-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks for asking. TriCaster PRO FX retails for $8,995 with an educational price of $8,495.

Paul Lara
12-13-2007, 02:12 PM
How is TriCaster PRO FX different from TriCaster PRO?

20+ hours video storage capacity
Supports both 4:3 and 16:9 aspects
LiveSet and LiveMatte technology
iVGA offers multiple inputs
Improved Overlay (supports Text, Picture and animation)
Improved streaming with VC-1, better de-fielding, etc.
Improved VGA output with image enhancement controls.
HD file and camera support in Edit Media.
New Title Templates
Five tabbed transitions banks
Extended file format support
Brightness/Contrast controls on monitors
New Edit Text tab includes:

o Complete Motion Title/CG application
o Make LiveSets from CG pages
o Make Title Templates from CG pages
o Render scrolls and crawls for LIVE (VCR) or Edit Media
Improvements to video quality and calibration
Many improvements to the editor
System Restore feature
Preview for setting up LiveSet effects before going live

jedbarish
12-13-2007, 10:58 PM
I am disappointed that it costs $8995 because its only 2k difference with Studio. Buy Studio with 6 inputs which it will be a long term investment. Why don't Newtek give the Tricaster interface as "skin" to VT users?

I am investing in Jef's lunchbox setup with VT5 and Bob's newest plugin to use without SX8 so I could use the machine for post production with different software than a machine that is too dedicated to Tricaster.

Since Newtek continued to improved Tricaster hardware and software more frequently than VT5 so will they shift their focus on Tricaster to make more money in hardware and software altogether? Maybe it's time for Newtek to improve VT hardware/software in a lunchbox computer which it comes with monitor and keyboard together.

I'll buy a tricaster anyway for my studio and using lunchbox computer with VT5 as portable studio :)

Paul Lara
12-14-2007, 12:14 PM
I am disappointed that it costs $8995 because its only 2k difference with Studio. Buy Studio with 6 inputs which it will be a long term investment.

Every TriCaster owner can upgrade to TriCaster PRO FX.

Upgrades

Both TriCaster and TriCaster PRO systems are enhanced here at NewTek with powerful new titling creation, animated titles, live virtual sets, greater storage capacity and professional connectors (with a TriCaster trade-in).

Your TriCaster must be properly packed (original shipping box preferred) and the customer pays for shipment of the unit to NewTek. NewTek then pays return shipment at the same service class as was received. (So, if the unit ships overnight, NewTek will return the unit by the same service.)

NOTE: The original hard drive will be replaced with a larger drive, so content must be backed up before shipping your TriCaster back to NewTek World Headquarters. NewTek will not return the original hard drive.

How long does it take for the factory upgrade?
It will take about 2 business days at NewTek to complete the transformation.

Will NewTek still offer the original TriCaster PRO?
Yes. This doesn't replace TriCaster PRO, but adds another production option to your facility.

• TriCaster PRO upgrade to PRO FX is just $1,995

Can a TriCaster be upgraded to FX?
Yes. NewTek is offering a trade-in on TriCaster 100 systems for PRO FX systems. This replaces a TriCaster 100 with a new TriCaster PRO, giving you component video in/out, balanced audio, increased storage and the ability to simultaneously stream and record an .avi to disk.

• TriCaster 100 trade-in for PRO FX is $3,995

Are ‘FX upgrades’ downloadable online?
No. You must contact your NewTek Authorized Reseller (http://www.newtek.com/dealers/us.php) to purchase this upgrade, so call today.

Tarheel Cougar
12-14-2007, 12:43 PM
The regular Tricaster to Pro FX upgrade is tempting! But six inputs is better. Is there an upgrade path from regular TC to TC Studio or have I missed it?

Are there any planned (software) upgrades to regular ol' Tricaster?

The Pro FX upgrade would be ideal for us with if it had the 6 inputs like Studio. Seems like a software solution could allow you to input 6 separate sources and reassign them (like you can on VT using the SX84).

sbrandt
12-14-2007, 01:47 PM
If I do this, as long as you have the box open, can I get a CPU and memory upgrade at the same time.

The current TCPro processor is only 1.86GHz and there's only a single Gig of memory.

I'll buy the processor and memory myself and drop-ship them directly to your work bench!

sbrandt
01-07-2008, 12:21 PM
It's getting close to the middle of "next month".
Perchance any release news ???

Paul Lara
01-08-2008, 09:45 AM
It's getting close to the middle of "next month".
Perchance any release news ???

Have you placed your order? They're shipping! :D

sbrandt
01-08-2008, 11:19 AM
WOOT!

Okay, so when I send my Caster in for the upgrade, what are the chances of a memory and/or cpu upgrade with it?

DiscreetFX
01-09-2008, 07:36 PM
By the way Tricaster Pro FX is a highly recommended upgrade/new purchase. DiscreetFX loves the one we purchased.

reverectw
01-15-2009, 12:56 PM
With $$ so tight, we are not going to be getting the new gen Tricaster. I'd love to be a beta tester! I suppose it would be a nice New Years gift from tricaster? Hey..I can hope, right? :D

Paul Lara
01-15-2009, 03:17 PM
With $$ so tight, we are not going to be getting the new gen Tricaster. I'd love to be a beta tester! I suppose it would be a nice New Years gift from tricaster? Hey..I can hope, right? :D

Unfortunately, this thread is more than a year old, starting December 2007, so there are no fresh offerings.

...and that would be a gift from NewTek (makers of TriCaster). :D