PDA

View Full Version : Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

mattclary
07-07-2003, 08:41 AM
I saw this this weekend. It was awesome! I've always liked the Terminator movies, but they were not my "favorite" movies of all time or anything. This movie blew T1 and T2 away! My favorite of the series. I'm actually hoping they make some more of these set in the future.

Some of the concepts have been updated to include such concepts as nano-technology. Do you realize few people had even HEARD of the internet when T2 came out? This movie seems a little closer to reality now than it did when the originals came out.

Lamont
07-07-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by mattclary
Do you realize few people had even HEARD of the internet when T2 came out? The internet? Is that thing still around?:)

I've been hearing good stuff about T3 too. Unfortunately I am not much of a movie person. No matter how good it is. I will rent it thought. But if I am compelled by a friend, I'll go... but it takes a hell of a lot of compelling.

meatycheesyboy
07-07-2003, 09:45 AM
I personally did not think it was better than the first or second movies. That's not to say it was bad though. It was pretty enjoyable. But I hope they stop while there ahead and don't make any more movies. There aren't many movie franchises that do well when it comes to 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc sequels, so I'm worried about the integrity of an awesome series.

All in all, it was exactly what I was hoping for, alot of fun without doing and disservice to the series.

[edit]Oh yeah, I did miss Sarah Conner alot though. She was sooo cool in the second one and this one just seemed to lack her absolute psychotic badassness (sorry for the lame word there couldn't think of anything else).[edit]

meshmaster
07-07-2003, 10:57 AM
They can't do too many more - Arnie is getting too old... :)

Rei
07-07-2003, 12:19 PM
heh CG mate, arnie will just go 100% cg, i bet even his voice will be done with synthectic programming. this IS the 21C btw.

Stranahan
07-09-2003, 12:13 PM
Sarah Connor made the tragic mistake of getting a divorce from James Cameron.

One way to get seriously terminated.

js33
07-09-2003, 01:00 PM
I heard Cameron didn't even direct this one.

Cheers,
JS

mattclary
07-09-2003, 01:14 PM
Yep, Cameron wasn't involved at all. I was actually really happy with the two new leads, Claire Danes and whoever that guy is. I HATED Edward Furlong in T2.

Stranahan
07-09-2003, 01:19 PM
He didn't - Josh Mostow (U-571) did....but I can't beleive it wasn't a factor....

Cameron was busy doing Ghost Of The Abyss....3D Imax film, with LightWave effects all over the place....and my son and ex-wife playing ghosts, too!!

mattclary
07-09-2003, 01:29 PM
I got the impression she wasn't interested in doing it.

Alliante
07-10-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by meatycheesyboy
There aren't many movie franchises that do well when it comes to 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc sequels, so I'm worried about the integrity of an awesome series.

Or getting old as in the Rocky XXVIII poster in Airplane II?

j3st3r
07-10-2003, 12:27 PM
It will premiere in Hungary 27 of August...I`m working on the T3: War of the Machines game for PC, but I haven`t seen even a frame from the film. Only on set photos a few...

Soon I`m gonna post characters I`ve done (including Arnold).

Take care

MiniFireDragon
07-11-2003, 10:24 AM
Lamont:

Hmmm, not seeing the movie in a theatre?? I would suggest seeing it atleast once in a theatre. The colors you see on screen are hard to reproduce for TV's making the special effects stand out like a sore thumb. Not to mention the sounds are setup for theatre goers.

lone
07-11-2003, 03:29 PM
saw it tuesday - i usually just wait for the DVD, but this one definitely made the trip to the theater worthwhile.

j3st3r - that gonna be a FPS?

Tom Wood
07-11-2003, 05:04 PM
Yeah, seeing in the theater is a must for the sound effects to work. It was nonstop action, that's for sure. Unlike 'Pirates of the Carribean' there was no treat at the end of the credits, so it's iffy now if I can talk my kids into sitting thru them on the next one.

TW

j3st3r
07-12-2003, 06:01 AM
lone: yes, a little Battlefield-like FPS, but in the Terminator environment...You know big HKs on the sky, FKs, Infiltrators, etc.

It will be a good game, but we had only 8 month to make it from the scratch...

hrgiger
07-13-2003, 11:24 PM
I wouldn't say it was better then either the first or second one either but it was a pleasant surprise. I went into it thinking it was going to suck without Cameron but they did ok with it.

The one thing I will say about it is this: They made such a big deal about the car chase scene in the Matrix Reloaded. The chase scene in T3 blew it away.

meshmaster
07-14-2003, 09:05 AM
the t3 car scene rocked!!!!

Just one question about the movie - how in the heck out of nowhere does Conner know that there is a magnet in the base, and how to activate it??? Also, why in the heck would a magnet like that just show up near the exit of a long exit tunnel like that?!?!

CB_3D
07-14-2003, 03:34 PM
What a waste. None of the epic feel of the first two. Music sucks. Visual style sucks.

The movie felt more like one those trashy Terminator ripoffs a lá Cyborg than a 100 Million+ Dollar Terminator hit. Actually i was waiting for Van Damne to show up in the middle of all the senseless explosions and carwrecks!

And the script? Ughhhhh!!!

John Connor asks the new Terminator if he couldnīt remember them to have blown up Cyberdine together?!And Hasta La Vista, Baby????? What is this hero...retarded?

The torn up T800 at the end looked nice, but nothing we havenīt seen before.

Maybe i am just spoiled by T2. That one was like a well designed, stomping mashine from start to finish, with every camera angle, even the most banal ones, looking like big cinema. I missed that completely now.

This one seemed to have no own aesthetics, something that IMHO was a huge part of the Terminator formula, a certain streamlined techno look. T3 just felt gritty and dark most of the time.

The twist(wonīt spoil it) is a nice idea, but not played out at all.
The last twenty minutesfelt like a Twilight Zone episode.

This baby sucked. A pitty Cameron wasnīt the director, a real pitty! One more formerly glorious franchise ruined with a s*it*y low budget looking sequel.

MiniFireDragon
07-14-2003, 03:59 PM
Meshmaster:

Umm.. did u not here the Commander say the airplane is at the end of the particle accelerator tunnel?? Do you know what makes a particle accelerator work?? High powered magnetic fields send 2 ions around the circle in opposite directions to near the speed of light then smash them together. If you have any metal in ya when u get near them, it's coming out (stainless steel not included as it is non magnetic).