PDA

View Full Version : Impossible Request

sbloomberg
12-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Hello all. I have one doozie of a request from a client.

I created a video compressed in Quicktime format for them in Final Cut Pro. That was all fine and good. They then requested a version for Windows Media Player. This was also fine and good because I have Flip-4-Mac. They loved it.

Now here's the problem. They need the .wmv to play in Windows Media Player ver. 6 because the company will not allow them to update/upgrade ANYTHING on their computers. :thumbsdow The thing plays in WMP ver. 7 but not 6.

Is there a way using the programs I have or downloading a free compressor or something else? Has anyone else run across this? To make matters worse. They have an insane deadline. I'm about to try interpretive dance to see if that would help.

I also have the latest full version of Quicktime Pro if that would help anyone.

Thanks,
Steve

cresshead
12-12-2007, 12:34 PM
if they have a browser, they'll have flash...drop it in flash and output to a swf.
or ask a pc owner to take your mac made quicktime and throw it thru speededirt and output to wmv format.

sbloomberg
12-12-2007, 12:40 PM
I forgot to mention that the video will be attached to a powerpoint.:cry:

The newer .wmv works. They just need it in the older version. I'm beginning to think it's a codec issue.

-Steve

Martin Adams
12-12-2007, 02:27 PM
A colleague of mine has a website which does online conversions. It's free to use so it might be worth a shot:
http://www.zamzar.com/

sbloomberg
12-13-2007, 03:59 PM
I wanted to thank everyone with their help and to send along an update on the situation.

The company that the video is for will update their computers so it will play.

I posted this question here instead of the Final Cut Pro forum because you people are well...nicer and actually help.

Thanks again.

-Steve