PDA

View Full Version : Burning to DVD

PhilD
12-12-2007, 08:27 AM
I am relatively new to all this ...have Newtek 4.6...created a project...converted it in Tmeg...brought it into Moviefactory...have tried to burn a dozen times and process always ends in midstream...message reads: Failed to record data to the disc...Error dvd+r SPTI 2A 02 03 oc 08...any help would be appreciated..tired of making frisbees...Phil

wvp
12-13-2007, 07:23 AM
Try using a different program to burn the disk. I use DVD-Lab to author and it sometimes has an issue burning but I don't usually have problems when I use Nero.
Also with some programs (like Nero) you can tell it to do a simulation burn.

PhilD
12-15-2007, 06:59 AM
I was able to finally burn a dvd without sound...I went back into vt4...rendered the project for audio...seperate wav...brought it back into workshop...but was not able to open it...keeps saying that it is an invalid file...I know that I am missing something simple here...can someone help...Phil

ScorpioProd
12-15-2007, 08:56 AM
Be sure you set the wav to be a standard 48KHz, 16-bit, stereo.

Not the Floating Point wav.

PhilD
12-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Thanks...did that and still had problems...then I changed to -12db, a tip I saw here, and was able to finally burn audio and video in workshop...two new problems...audio started 15 seconds before the first video frame appeared so all was out of sync...and the video which at first looked good started breaking and freezing up...at least I'm using re-writable discs until I can figure this out...I have 50 coasters if anyone is interested...Phil

EWallick
12-17-2007, 10:13 PM
When you rendered your project in VT[x] did your audio track exactly match the length of your video track?

I'm not sure if what I do is necessary, but I always put some dummy audio under the black video at the start and end of the video track therefore making the two tracks the same length. I have never had a problem with audio not being synched with the video.

My 2.

Ed

Ed Wallick
12-18-2007, 07:20 AM
Adding to my previous post, the audio track needs to be continuous so in addition to adding the "dummy" track at the beginning and ending, IMHO, you need to put a dummy anywhere in the middle where audio is missing. For example when a music track ends and another start be sure they overlap - otherwise you need to add a dummy so audio is consistent and same length overall as the video track.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on all this.

Ed

wvp
12-18-2007, 11:41 AM
I have not seen a problem if audio was non-existent in parts of the project. But I would recommend that you start your projects at zero on the timeline, both for audio & video - that is where I have seen sync issues.

I usually render the audio first (beacuse its quick) and then right after this do the video to minimize mucking up anything.