PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo!

SBowie
12-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Excellent idea for a forum! :)

Danic101
12-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Great Idea ... Live Sets Rock, I have 2 TC Studios and 2 VT5s and LiveSet is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

RaVeN{base}
12-12-2007, 04:51 AM
;) I don't think it is bad to have people who keep you on your toes.

I am excited today.

joseburgos
12-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Very cool :)

CreatvGnius
12-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Excellent idea for a forum! :)
OK, Steve -- I note your excitement: But what's the idea? Oh! NewTek LiveSET™ having its own forum? Yah. Excellent, idea indeed!

-PeterG :thumbsup:

cresshead
12-12-2007, 03:56 PM
i've posted this in the community forum but think it could do with being here too...

well i've installed it and still not 'quite' sure exactly how to use it or what it's uesd for...

i thought it was going to be like discreet frost* system, a 3d live environment that cameras and actors in a blue screen could be matched into for a live virtual set...and it 'sorta' is...i say sort of as the pdf is incredibly skimpy in just 'what' this is actually doing...it from what i've read needs you to render out each angle from the camera...so no moving cameras i think and only works with VT5 and tricaster...for live broadcast...

i have speed edit [based on VT5] and would like to think that maybe i could use this on recorded productions maybe..as we're producing a sci fi show and we are making virtual sets over in 3dsmax and lightwave for keying actors against... [ www.venusrises.com ]

Hmm...seems there's some new special surfaces to drop video onto forplacing in the sets...not absolutley sure what format you render to to use these...a quick f9 only gave a colour and alpha channel...no special buffers...but maybe
i need to set up the renderer differently...??

i know i'm probably making myself look real thick but i just don't 'get it' from the limited text online and the 12 page pdf...

anyone care the enlighten a dumbo englishman?:D

John Perkins
12-12-2007, 04:35 PM
It creates the virtual sets for live production in the TriCaster and VT5.

Unless you have one of these or wish to produce new sets for other users, then it's probably not what you are looking for.

cresshead
12-12-2007, 05:49 PM
the special lightwave based surface keying in the sets could not be used on a recorded footage then?
only live camera feeds?

SBowie
12-12-2007, 06:05 PM
You could put the recorded footage in a DDR and use that as a live source for a LiveSet effect.

joseburgos
12-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Of course you can :)
I just posted a free liveset to do exactly that in the content section.

Take care,

cresshead
12-12-2007, 06:07 PM
so any hope of speed edit being updated to use this?..
or is this specifically HARDWARE related with the VT board and tricaster box of tricks?

i'm thinking of our needs for virtual sets and recorded green/blue screen footage
btw i'm 3500 miles away from the actors...they're in the usa ..i'm in the uk.

SBowie
12-12-2007, 06:11 PM
hope springs eternal ... there has been a very limited amount of hinting (not enough yet for a full-fledged rumor, but sufficient for a wee glimmer.)

John Perkins
12-12-2007, 09:30 PM
LiveSet playback is only available in live switching products.

It is not really designed for post use, although you could record the output of a switcher for later use in post.

RaVeN{base}
12-13-2007, 03:40 AM
I guess I'll have to figure out another way to try this out I have the mac version of lightwave 9 ;(