PDA

View Full Version : Start by Event in HardFX?

hunter
12-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Hi all,
Here's what I'm trying to do. I have a bike that's going to be hit by a car. I have the bike set up with HardFX all default settings except Start by collision. I have the car set as a collision object and I have one more collision object set to plane for the ground.
The problem:
The bike wheels start falling over immediately and I need them to roll until the car hits the bike. It's because they are in contact with the ground collision object. If I use exclusive collision then the wheels just fall through the ground. The only work around I've found is to key frame the ground collision below zero on the Y and have it jump up to zero at the moment of impact. that causes the wheels to fly upward which looks cool but wrong.

So, is there a way to start collision by Event? I know ClothFX has it. Am I just missing the option in HardFX or... I see a stop by event but no start.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Dodgy
12-11-2007, 05:26 PM
You can use Start by collision in the Collision tab of hardFX then set the collisionFX object to 0% bounce for just dropping or starting.