PDA

View Full Version : LW Crash - using nodes in LAYOUT

tcvivrant
12-11-2007, 07:52 AM
Does anyone know why my lightwave would crash when i try to open objects using nodes in LAYOUT? It basically loads the scene and then when I think its done it stops responding and the windows error reporter pops up. I've tried removing the nodes and the like and the object loads. at first i thought it was a 9.3 issue and so i upgraded to 9.3.1 but the problem persists.

Come come LW gurus, what could the issue be?

I'm running on Windows XP SP2.

Sensei
12-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Maybe try making nodes from scratch, not load objects with them.. It could be older version node incompatibility, if you're using 3rd party nodes.. Or even LW internal nodes incompatibility..

tcvivrant
12-11-2007, 08:00 AM
i have tried to remove all nodes and re-apply in layout -> CRASH! and i'm not using any third party plugins. they are all resident to LW

Sensei
12-11-2007, 11:36 AM
What do you mean by re-apply? So it's crashing immediately after first added node, or some particular node.. ? When exactly?

If you don't have any nodes - because I asked you to try object without any nodes, there is nothing to remove.. If it's broken setup, then you cannot load such lwo, because it'll always crash.. Try adding nodes on completely fresh made object..

You can clear all surfaces by making one new surface for entire object/layer (press 'q' and use any name) in Modeler..