PDA

View Full Version : suddenly color changed on a program monitor

sokhoeum
12-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Hello,
I'm currently editing my project w/ Ted (VT4.6c) still. When I was scrubing on the time line back and forth suddenly color changed from a full color to purple, black and green. I'm out putting through component cable from BOB.
I still can see a full color in ToasterVision but not on the external monitor. What's going on? Please help me!

Thank you in advance,
Sokhoeum

PS;Still having problem installing my VT(5)...

ted
12-10-2007, 10:49 PM
First thing I'd do is shut down VT and re-boot the computer. I'm amazed how often people don't try that.
The second thing I'd try is in prefs, change BOB's output from Component and then back.
Then try and delete the source on the switcher and add it back.
Next would be to double check cables to the monitor. But that doesn't sound likely if it just went boom mid session.

sokhoeum
12-11-2007, 08:54 AM
Thanks for your tips. I did everything that you have mentioned and still did not work.

Sokhoeum

sokhoeum
12-13-2007, 05:54 AM
Hello,
It turned out to be my ten years old Sony monitor jack. One of the jack was kind of loosing.

Sokhoeum

ted
12-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Cool. Those gemlins do funny things when you're away! :D

CreatvGnius
12-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Hello,
It turned out to be my ten years old Sony monitor jack. One of the jack was kind of loosing.

Sokhoeum

Hey, Sokhoeum?
1. What size and model # is that CRT (it should be on the label on the back), and
2. How'd ya' get the component output of VT's SX breakout box to send a signal to its component inputs?

I assumed the Sony production monitors (if that's what you're using) utilized analog RGB component in -- switchable to a digital component in -- both of which aren't compatible with the SX-8 /84 Component Output.

Am I wrong here?
-PeterG