PDA

View Full Version : Df4 / Vt5

SteelPicR
12-10-2007, 08:07 AM
I posted this up in the VT section because I thought it to be related to VT5. It's not getting any hits. Am I the only one having issues with DF4 and VT5?

Here is my orginal post:

OK, Digital Fusion 4 is currently not able to read or write .rtv files since the upgrade to VT5. My question is this; What file format from DF4 will work as an overlay in VT5? I have tried all of the SpeedEdit VT codecs and nothing works like the .rtv did. Before the upgrade, all I did was render out of DF4 as .rtv and drop the file in the timeline in VT and hit the overlay...Presto...instant background video with the DF4 file on top. I've been waiting on a solution from NT tech for nearly 2 weeks.

joseburgos
12-17-2007, 06:47 AM
Add this file to your DFX Plus directory and see if everything goes back to normal.
I use DFX+ and Fusion5 with VT[5] with no problems.
This includes all the HQ formats with alpha.

File was given to me by Eyeon a while back.

Good luck,

joseburgos
12-17-2007, 06:48 AM
Main folder not any sub folders.
DF4, DFX Plus or Fusion5

Take care,

SteelPicR
12-17-2007, 07:19 AM
Jose,

Thanks so much. I will give this a try ASAP.

joseburgos
12-17-2007, 08:46 AM
Please let me know if it works.

Thanks,

SteelPicR
12-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I haven't tested all codec options yet but the .rtv is working fine and is back in the file options of DF4. Once again this shows how great people can be...you made my day!

joseburgos
12-18-2007, 06:02 AM
No problem, glad it worked.

Happy Holidays,

evexon
12-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Thanks Jose. Finally got around to upgrading to VT5 and Fusion5 I have a feeling I will need this.

Best,

Steve

Add this file to your DFX Plus directory and see if everything goes back to normal.
I use DFX+ and Fusion5 with VT[5] with no problems.
This includes all the HQ formats with alpha.

File was given to me by Eyeon a while back.

Good luck,

Liber777
03-21-2008, 09:01 AM
Does anyone know how to get this working on a standalone machine, without the VT installed? I'm running Fusion 5.2 and need to load some RTV files. I copied the RTVLib2.dll (2/24/2004) into the root of my Fusion install directory, but that didn't do the trick.

Thanks!
Stivan

joseburgos
03-21-2008, 09:39 AM
Damn wish you sent this a week ago as I just purchased a new system and could have assisted in this :(
Go to the fusion site and send email to support.
Issiac is the guy you want to help you.
Also, try pigsfly.com.
They are always there and can give very quick response to your request.

Good luck,

Liber777
03-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks, Josť! I've emailed eyeon support...

Cheers,
Stivan

joseburgos
10-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Seems SpeedHQ files with alpha rendered out of Fusion do not work with SE or VT[5.2].
The alpha is missing and the file takes forever to be used in the project (and I mean forever and with no alpha, what's the point).
A work around is to load it into Mirage and save it back out as the same SpeedHQ format with alpha.
One more thing, make sure you choose no-premultiply for the alpha before saving.

Now RTV's rendered out of Fusion load and work fine (alpha is there) but Fusion renders the RTV's as pre-multiply with no option in the saver tool.

So I learned how to not multiply the alpha and I wanted to pass this on.
In Fusion, add a channel boolean tool before the saver tool.
Now change the operation to divide.
Make the R, G and B Alpha FG and the alpha channel Do Nothing.

To test, use Ctrl+P in Fusion to deactivate the channel boolean tool.
Then render you rtv.
Now Ctrl+P to enable the channel boolean and change file name and render.
Load both into VT[5] or SE and enable overlay.
Make sure you load a BG clip.
The one with channel boolean disabled will have a edge around the alpha and the one with it enabled will not and be ready for use in a project.

Good luck,

DiscreetFX
01-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Thanx for the info Jose.

joseburgos
01-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Do any of you import LW into Fusion?
If not, you should try it as it can help for certain projects.
Number one thing to remember is save a copy of your scene file as a LW 6.0 scene file or just open the scene file and change the 5 to a 3 under LWSC.

If any of you need more info on this, just ask here :)