PDA

View Full Version : Texture Application and UV

GrassBoy
07-06-2003, 11:31 PM
I'm really getting annoyed because I've followed all tutorials and tryed everything. I'm trying to apply textures to a model I created. I've been trying UV and just normal surface editing. I go into the Surface editor and the click T for texture, I choose the texture then tweak all the settings correctly and click use texture. It then shows the texture on the preview sphere but nothing changes on my model. I've also tried UV and made a UV map for the front of the legs and then I use the surface editor, choose UV Application, load the image, and select the UV map. Then again I click Use texture and still nothing cxhanges on my model. How coem it's doing this? Am i doing something wrong? How can I fix this? What do I do?

Paul Lara
07-07-2003, 03:50 AM
What version of LightWave are you using?

GrassBoy
07-07-2003, 08:48 AM

Paul Lara
07-07-2003, 09:20 AM
You may get a faster response in the LightWave section. :p

mgrusin
07-07-2003, 03:52 PM
By any chance do you have two versions of Lightwave installed on your VT system?

I do, and had some very strange Lightwave problems and crashes until I got their respective config files separated.

If this may be your problem, search this and the old forums (http://forums.newtek.com/discus/index.html) for info on how to fix it.

Good luck! -MG