PDA

View Full Version : Render problem

skywalker113
12-09-2007, 05:25 PM
I am very new to lightwave and I was wondering why when I try rendering a scene, once its done, nothing happens. Are you suppost to get a quicktime video, ect... of it once its done?

evenflcw
12-09-2007, 05:50 PM
You'll get something if you set it up that way. Go into the render options/globals panel and click the output tab. The rest I hope you'll be able to figure out by yourself. LW will save as it renders each frame in a sequence. When the render is done it won't show or play the file(s) (might exist a 3rd party plugin for that?).

PS. Yes it might seem odd that you can render a sequence and not get anything out of it. But there might be plugins of various types that do something during a render or outputs something from the render, and LW can't check what a plugin does or doesn't do, so I guess NT decided to leave things open (without checks).

medicalart
12-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Check the box "Save Animation", give it a name (by clicking "Animation file") and selecting "Type" from the pull-down menu.
You can save individual frames by selecting "Save RGB" If the type for RGB is LW_TGA you can assemble the frames easily by using Photoshop or VirtualDub