PDA

View Full Version : CG Display Problems With Custom Interface

Doug Winchell
12-08-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm desperately looking for some help. I work at high school, and we produce a good number of sports productions (amongst a variety of other productions). We recenlty upgraded to VT5. For athletics, we use custom CG Interfaces (football, soccer, volleyball,basketball, wrestling, softball, baseball, and dodgeball). When I switch from the standard CG interface to a custom interface, the CG output changes from clear and readable to blurry with what appears some kind interlacing issue. Has anyone else seen anything similar to this? I'm sure the addition of a simple line of code in the Intialization Script will clean it up, but I don't know where to begin.

brians0105
12-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Hi Doug,

Yes, this is a known problem and the creator of those scoreboard skins has figured out the problem. Kris is working on getting an updated release of the skins ready.

You can begin reading about the problems on this page: http://newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40987&page=9

FYI, we did one game w/ VT5 and the custom scoreboards. After the game, we rendered the game to a progressive video file, eliminating the interlacing issue.

Brian

Doug Winchell
12-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Hi Doug,

Yes, this is a known problem and the creator of those scoreboard skins has figured out the problem. Kris is working on getting an updated release of the skins ready.

You can begin reading about the problems on this page: http://newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40987&page=9

FYI, we did one game w/ VT5 and the custom scoreboards. After the game, we rendered the game to a progressive video file, eliminating the interlacing issue.

Brian

Brian,

Thanks for the heads up on the threads. You have more patience than I for post rendering. We run it live, record it directly to a Leightronix Nexus and then play back from there. I;m too lazy to much more than that.

Sounds like Kris is close to solving the problem. I guess I'll get a couple nights off, if the solution is too difficult. This time of year a couple of nights off is a good thing.

Thanks again,

Doug

kltv
12-09-2007, 11:07 PM
I'm working through the various scripts now. I'm doing final testing on basketball right now. Once I'm done with that I'll be moving on to the other versions. I hope to have them all complete in the next few weeks.

Kris