PDA

View Full Version : Importing Title Templates from VT5 to Tricaster

oetv
12-07-2007, 12:29 PM
We've tried exporting title templates from VT5 to use with a Tricaster, but the text code appears to be missing font info and size info. Am I doing something wrong.

John Perkins
12-11-2007, 01:40 PM
The template format in VT5 is newer than the older TriCasters can understand. The original VT4/TriCaster templates were several files in multiple directories, making them problematic to move from one system to another, but the new layout fixes that.

The TriCaster Studio update and newer TriCaster versions will be able to share templates with VT5.

oetv
12-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Ofcourse I was told by my salesperson that the VT5 would work with the Tricaster we are working with and that was one of the selling points for us. It was also called out in the sales literature from New Tek. Thanks for the answer, though.

billmi
12-19-2007, 07:06 AM
It takes a little massaging to make it work, but it can be done.

What you have to do is take the text file that is generated as part of the VT[5] template, and make separate ToasterFont files from it.

Keep an eye on my VT Tutorials link down below. Next time I transfer some pages from VT[5] to Tricaster, I'll put together a tutorial.