PDA

View Full Version : Locomotive Animation

Sapphire
12-06-2007, 03:04 PM
I have designed a locomotive steam engine and I have animated the many arms that make the engine run. My problem is, I can only animate the movement at one speed. I sync all the movement, but what if I wish to change the speed? Everything that is a child to the spinning wheel goes out of sync. I am wondering is there is a function that I can multiply all moving components by a certain factor so the locomotive can change speed. Can you Help?

evenflcw
12-06-2007, 05:01 PM
You don't reveal much how the rig is setup and animation is done. From your issues I would guess you keyframed most of it. In that case checkout Protons recent Cyclist video tutorial to find a way to control and vary the speed of a complex sequence of events in a very practical way. If you used expressions/modifiers, please post more information or the scene itself.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77045

benedict_ilagan
12-08-2007, 01:18 AM
Practical way is to use follower or set motion to keys. Setting all rotational bone settings to a single or a root object so you're only dealling only to one single and set the variation speed you need for the speed rotation and everything will move accordingly as setup. :)