PDA

View Full Version : Buying Lightwave?

NiPeR
07-06-2003, 06:05 PM
Hi!

Im planning to buy Lightwave soon, but I want to know what includes in the box. I can't find it on the homepage.

Here are the questions:

1. Is there any additional programs included on the CD?
2. How many CD's? And if there is more than 1, what is the second CD including?
3. Is there a Manual in book form, or will I get it on the CD?

I have heard that it is a Student version available. I have heard that the only difference between the fullversion and the Student version is that you can't use it for commercial use, is that right?

And the last question: Does the fullversion include more in the box than the Student version?

Macet01
07-06-2003, 06:45 PM
Greetings and congratulations on making the right choice. :D

Now onto your questions.

1. When I got my copy of 7.5 it came with the Lightwave disks, of course :p , and it also came with a demo of deep paint.

2. There are two disks. One is for the Windows platform and the other is for Mac.

3. The manual is both in book form in the box and in pdf format off of the disks.

As far as I know, you are correct about the educational restrictions. I am not aware of any functionality that is locked out in the educational version. It should be fully functional.

I do think, but I can be wrong here, that the contents of the boxs should be the same. If you want to make sure call Newtek sales and they can tell you for sure.

Happy Wavin'

NiPeR
07-06-2003, 06:48 PM
Thanks a lot for the answers, i'm very pleased with them.

Now I'm pretty sure that I gonna buy my self a copy of Lightwave. =)

Thanks

Trulsi
07-08-2003, 04:27 AM
My student license box came with all of those except for the demo of Deep Paint.

Also the box contains a dongle, a readme first sheet of paper, and a booklet of updates to the manual (the manual was written for 7.0 and you're buying 7.5). Remember to follow the instructions closely when registering so that you don't get any trouble making Lightwave work.

-Truls

jack
07-09-2003, 06:05 AM
Hi,

What else is on the cd? Any tutorials or if there are any ,are they the same as on this sites tutorial section?

thanks,Jack

Trulsi
07-09-2003, 06:11 AM
I don't think there were any tutorials on mine, but I'm at work now so I can't check it for you. However, there are loads of royalty-free objects and scenes, along with some textures. Not all of it is mind-blowing, but there are some good examples in there.