PDA

View Full Version : Question on HD

Merrick61
12-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Hi, I am new to Lightwave and actually using 3D Arsenal but this appears to be a far more active board.
I have a scene loaded up (pictures inside a filmstrip with motion) My goal is to output to HDV so I changed the frame size inside the camera properties to 1920x1080. In doing so, what is happening is that the rendered frames are heavily cropped , and not reflecting what I am seeing on scene.
I tried changing the frame size to 1440x1080 (actual HDV resolution) but the same result.
Can someone please tell me what I need to do to have the scene properly rendered?

Thank you
Merrick

munky
12-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Hi There,

this thread might be of help, read vfx wizards reply Number 14 ( I think)

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75393

regards

Paul

danielkaiser
12-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Where does the cropping occur? in the LW interface? your NLE or compositing app?

Merrick61
12-10-2007, 04:20 PM
The cropping occurs as its rendering. I can see the rendered frames do not match what the camera view shows. (I assume that the boxes you see on screen are what the camera should see.)

Thank you

danielkaiser
12-10-2007, 05:11 PM
The cropping occurs as its rendering. I can see the rendered frames do not match what the camera view shows. (I assume that the boxes you see on screen are what the camera should see.)

Thank you

Ok, is that in the render preview window or is it in the image viewer?
Could you post a screen shot of what your seeing?