PDA

View Full Version : From PPC to UB

rekh
12-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Greetings,

Coming back to Lightwave after 'visiting' other applications. It's been years. Anyway, I use a Mac Intel. 2 GHz Intel Core Duo, blah, blah, blah...

After fighting the registration process, I was able to generate my license key online. Everything woks, but it's the PPC version, and I need the UB version.

Downloaded the UB version and noticed that its only 35 - 36 megs.

I only want one LW on my HD; the UB version.

Two questions:

Will the license key generated for the PPC work on my UB version?

What do I need to move from the PPC folder to the UB folder?

Thanks for your time :)

Phil
12-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Yes, the license key will work. It lives in a different location for UB LW than for PPC LW.

As for moving stuff around, about the only thing that is compatible, in terms of plugins, are LScripts. Some of those also don't work without updates (e.g. Maestro). No .p plugins are compatible with UB LW - UB plugins have a .plugin extension.

I've no idea about documentation, though. I run without it at the moment.

rekh
12-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Thanx, Phil

I got her up and running. I moved everything from the PPC folder that wasn't in the UB drawer, to the UB drawer.

Hmnnn ... no plugins ...

Jirapong
12-14-2007, 05:08 PM
I installed 9.3 on my Macbook Pro and tried to activate the license with my 9.0 one.
However, the license did not work and keep telling me that 9.3 still in beta.

jirapong

medicalart
12-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Newtek is still working on speed issues with UB, too. Don't abandon the PC version just yet.

rekh
12-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Newtek is still working on speed issues with UB, too. Don't abandon the PC version just yet.

Ah ... okay.

I understand the delay with importing plug-ins over to the UB side. How about the native/internal features. Things like particles, and creating smoke, etc. Do they work for LW UB?

I ask because I just received Essential LW 9 in the mail. I want to be able to do the tutorials. Scanning through the book, I found a chapter where a laser strikes a building and smoke and stuff erupts from the building.

Is it fair to say that not all 3rd party plug-ins work, but that native "gadgets/scripts/plug-ins" work under UB?