PDA

View Full Version : In depth tuts for game modeling/ texturing in LW?

talos72
07-06-2003, 05:48 PM
Hi folks

While scouring the web and seeing sporadics instances of tuts on low poly game modeling, I am yet to find a thorough tut on the A to Z of the process in LW-- especially how to actually texture the model using paint progs. I would love a good detailed, step-by-step type of tut. There are a couple of game related tuts on Newtek's tutorial section, but they leave much out. I flipped through one book "Lowpolygon Modeling for Games" or something like it, and didn't care for it for it was mostly aimed at Max folks and was lacking in content. I am a relative newbie to LW, but am very interested in game modeling and texturing specifically. Now I know LW is supposed to be a good app for such purposes, but can anyone recommend a site, URL, tut or book that deals with using LW for game design?

I would appreciate any and all assistance from the good folks on this forum.

Thanks

bakasaru
07-07-2003, 07:59 AM
There are some good tuts at 3DBuzz specific to Unreal though I'm not sure if LW is mentioned or utilized throughout any of the VTMs. Still good material and I think LW specific VTMS are coming up soon.

talos72
07-07-2003, 09:42 AM
Hey thanks. I checked out 3D buzz, but it seems the tuts mostly deal with level design and less with character modeling and texturing.