PDA

View Full Version : Modeler question

tddbr00
12-06-2007, 07:43 AM
I have an airplane that im trying animate. My problem lies in the fact that im trying to rotate the flaps(which makes an airplane turn) in the animation but the axis is totally off. I dont want to center the flaps in modeler to 0,0,0 because then they wont line up with where they sit on the plane. also why dont they link up to the plane when i rotate the plane i have to rotate the flaps separately as opposed to being attached to the plane but rotate on the B axis independently? In other words i want the flaps to be joined to the airplane to rotate along the B axis but rotate independently on the P axis

SplineGod
12-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Parent the flaps to null objects and parent the nulls to the airplane. You can use the nulls as additional pivot points.

THREEL
12-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Also, take a look at WilliamVaughns tutorial videos. He has a bunch that are really cool. There's one called Cyclist that might be of particular interest to you.

Don't forget, you don't only have flaps, but ailerons and elevators as well. Also, you have the tail rudder to swivel left and right, and other moving parts as well. Either directly to the airplane's fuselage, or through a series of nulls, the way that Splinegod suggested.

tHREEL, but you can call me AL.

munky
12-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Hello,

Also you can move the pivot point in modeler, by going to View/Layers/Pivot.
This moves just the pivot and not the layer object! (like altering the pivot point in layout , but in modeller!)

As well as cyclist you might want to have a look at "Follower" also. It allows you to link the motion of one objects channels to another.

regards

Paul

IMI
12-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Parent the flaps to null objects and parent the nulls to the airplane. You can use the nulls as additional pivot points.

That's a seriously good idea. Like the way you say to add control bones in between main bones, good for additional control. :)