PDA

View Full Version : Hair

We-Co
12-06-2007, 12:10 AM
How do I make long good looking hair easily? (for a woman)

loki74
12-06-2007, 12:16 AM
Animated or still frame?

We-Co
12-06-2007, 12:26 AM
Animated.

Phil
12-06-2007, 02:11 AM
For really realistic hair :

- Make 2-point poly chains in Modeler, either by hand or using a 3rd party addon like FiberFactory.
- Apply ClothFX in Layout. Waste hours trying to find useful settings in the mess of a GUI.
- Use Sasquatch or FiberFactory to render.

It's possible that SasLite will work as well, but FiberFactory is the only hair/fur option for LW that includes reflection/refraction support. It's possible that TrueHair might be useful, but I've not seen really convincing output yet from that product.

If you don't want to spend any money at all, you could manually create many, many 2-point polygon chains, or use texture mapped hair layers, in combination with ClothFX.

For alternative approaches, HairBlade (a d-creation plugin, Windows-only) might be useful.

We-Co
12-06-2007, 05:06 PM
I have made the hair and render it with Sasquatch, but the Sasquatch hair doesn't follow the long hair guides when calculated and animated, it stay's exactly the same.

I'm using Cloth FX in the dynamics, and Long Hair using guide chains in Sasquacth.

We-Co
12-07-2007, 12:10 AM
Also I did the UV Texture hair, but it doesn't look that great. If I was to stay with the UV mapped hair, is there a way I could make that look more realistic?

serge
12-07-2007, 05:11 AM
I have made the hair and render it with Sasquatch, but the Sasquatch hair doesn't follow the long hair guides when calculated and animated, it stay's exactly the same.

I'm using Cloth FX in the dynamics, and Long Hair using guide chains in Sasquacth.
Have you set the Subdivision Order to "last" ?

We-Co
12-08-2007, 06:36 PM
Have you set the Subdivision Order to "last" ?
Wow... I feel like an idiot. Thanks Serge :)