PDA

View Full Version : Promo Video - Ideas ?

wtdedula
12-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Hello All;
I need to put together a Promo video for a cool project I ran last Summer that engaged high school students in building a miniature satellite that they launched on a high powered rocket in the Black Rock Desert, Nevada.

I am looking for some new ideas for ways to use SpeedEdit (Or VT-5) -and- preferably After-Effects to make the video look very cool and inspiring. Anyone have any special techniques or ideas to share, or even example video clips you've developed ?

Currently, I've been using just a slide show and music but that's actually pretty boring compared to some of the cool ways you fellas probably put together promo videos when you're called to do it.

If you have techniques, or ideas, or video clips to share, be sure to let us know what tools you've used. Thanks a lot !

Tim

billmi
12-06-2007, 04:48 AM
Seems to me that editing together video of the students doing the construction work, short quotes where they talk to the camera about interesting points of the project, and the launch itself would be a pretty straightforward and engaging thing to do. Assuming you've got VT[5] as an upgrade from an earlier version, that means you've got Lightwave which opens up possibilities for making animations representing the payload in flight?

Was that part of the ARLISS program?

wtdedula
12-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Thanks for your suggestions, billmi. Yeah ... that's what I'd probably do. Your way is the way I normally do Promos. I was looking for additional ideas - not necessarily with content to use, but exciting, new ways to assemble it to make it even more interesting.

Yes ... my group was one of only a few groups from the United States to participate in ARLISS.

Tim