PDA

View Full Version : Major TriCaster STUDIO upgrade and price incentive for December

Phil Cassell
12-05-2007, 01:33 PM
NewTek is happy to announce the release of a new upgrade for TriCaster STUDIO. The major features in this upgrade include:
• A 3-camera monitor mode, with dedicated preview monitors for three cameras.
• In 3-camera mode, preview monitor can switch to Waveform / Vectorscope
• A new Edit Text tab lets you create title templates from scratch to add to the existing TriCaster STUDIO Title Templates. The full Character Generator can easily export both Title Templates as well as LiveSet™ backgrounds
• The ability to connect a Y/C input either by 4-pin S-Video or dual BNC
• LiveMatte™ allows for faster setup of simple chroma-keys, and may be used without LiveSet
• Improved video quality and color accuracy throughout TriCaster STUDIO
• New LiveSets

This free update is available to all registered TriCaster STUDIO owners at http://register.newtek.com/ . Log in to your account, and click on the My Downloads link on the upper right side of the page.

January 1st, the price for TriCaster STUDIO in North America increases to $10,995US.
For those of you who haven't yet purchased your TriCaster STUDIO, the current price of $9,995 is effective until December 31st with access to the upgrade at no additional charge.

Visit www.newtek.com/tricaster to buy yours today.

The full details of this upgrade are available here (http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/12-05-07a.html).

Your friends at NewTek

SBowie
12-05-2007, 04:19 PM
- Full-featured character generator, including scrolls and crawls, and the ability to easily produce title templates for live production.

- New 3 camera dedicated on-screen preview monitor display mode.I think these two items in particular are HUGE - congrats, dev team!:bowdown:

Tarheel Cougar
12-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Any upgrades in sight for the original Tricaster?

Safe Harbor
12-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Any upgrades in sight for the original Tricaster?

Yes. :thumbsup:

Tarheel Cougar
12-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Well I don't dare ask when, and I bet Newtek won't ever announce another date after what happened with VT5, but any insights on what to expect?

Paul Lara
12-13-2007, 05:18 PM
If you haven't downloaded your free STUDIO upgrade, here are a couple of screenshots to show you what you're missing:

shaughnessy
12-14-2007, 09:49 AM
I love your products, and have operated a VT-3 for 4 years without much of a glitch. I am shopping the tricaster but what concerns me...Am I overlooking features or Is the 'Studio' ready for the upcoming HD TV requirements? If bought today, please explain how the equipment will prepare me for the extended future with this fast approaching HD deadline...
Thanks

Paul Lara
12-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Am I overlooking features or Is the 'Studio' ready for the upcoming HD TV requirements? If bought today, please explain how the equipment will prepare me for the extended future with this fast approaching HD deadline...

There is no "HD requirement". The upcoming FCC transition is for broadcasters to go to digital signals, whether they be SD or HD.

The answer to your question, though, is that TriCaster STUDIO is a standard-definition switcher.

4n6Days
01-11-2008, 10:30 AM
I installed the update... looks good, except there were no new sets as described......??

4n6Days
01-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Ok... correction - there is one new set and the others are updated.

couryhouse
01-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Greetings we are the southwest museum of engineering communications and computation in Glendale Arizona that also sponsors a community journalism effort.

We are located in Arizona but not opposed to buying outside the state due to the following condition ( read on)

any resellers have units at the old price? I am having problems getting any kind of response from my local vendor. before the hike I had asked for a written bid and got... NOTHING?

I am not opposed to going out of state after that go around....I was also sick and pursue things as vigorously as I should have I suppose..... email me at the email address at www.smecc.org off list from here.

thanks Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC