PDA

View Full Version : just sayin hay

gthumbus
12-05-2007, 08:34 AM
hay all newbie here. going to buy lightwave in a few weeks and need to know are there any other programms the would go well with it. "side note my 17 year old son is headed for DAVE school in Flo. in fall 2008 so will be asking a lot of questions.
thanks "G'

ben martin
12-05-2007, 09:14 AM
Hi! Welcome,

If you're soon goes to DAVE school, then don't bother... he'll teach you all about Lightwave in no time. :hey:

Anyway, there are a lot of books that introduce and explain Lightwave very clearly.
I'm remembering Dan Ablan Lightwave series books.

Try this one: " http://danablan.com/?page_id=6 "

and don't forget this also : http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/tutorials/videos/index.php

Cheers :)

gthumbus
12-05-2007, 09:26 AM
thanks ben ill check it out now don't think i can wait for him to teach me i'm not good at waiting. i'm intereted in combining claymation with cgi anamation will see what happens thanks again ""G"

Surrealist.
12-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Also take a look at lightwiki. It is slowly growing but there is some good info there. And hop on over to kurv studios for DVD training and look for books by Wordware, they have all of the really good books. Then links in my sig.

gthumbus
12-07-2007, 01:52 PM
thanks "Surrealist" got them all saved on favs hopping to do some freelance my self when son let me play with the LW. ordering it today
thanks again. "G"

Richard Hebert
12-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Hi G,

I'm looking into getting Syntheyes to incorporate 3D animations into live video footage. Final composites done in After Effects. I suppose it all comes down to what you are ultimately trying to achieve with the software.

gthumbus
12-10-2007, 07:44 AM
hay Richard, not quit shur about claymation/CG et still looking at the bet way but my son and i have been talking about filming my two youger son then morphing then into a toonin a CG landscape. he needs to send DAVE school some examples of his work.

thanks "G"

Exception
12-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Hey G,

Welcome to the club.
there's many program that compliment Lightwave, but plain old Lightwave is powerful and complete enough to keep you busy for quite a while. If you have any specific interests (arch-viz, charcater animation, modeling, etc) we can perhaps recommend some things but I fo rone can do 99% of what I need with plain vanilla LW.

gthumbus
12-14-2007, 10:11 AM
thanks" exception" got the LW disk yesterday in the mail going to start playing with it and i'll let yall know how it goes thanks for all the help everyone and yes i'm from arkansas with the "yall speken peoples"lol thanks again "G"