PDA

View Full Version : Graph Editor puzzlement

Johnny
12-05-2007, 07:09 AM
wanted to know if others have experienced this:

open the graph editor on something you want to adjust, say, tweak the Y-value of an object's position.

Now, try to move the pointer in Layout with Graph Editor still open and on top.

For me, the time line "freezes" in that I can't move the pointer in either the scene or in Graph editor,and I have to force quit Layout and start again, but I can never successfully do what I describe above.

J

evenflcw
12-05-2007, 08:19 AM
I have never experienced such a thing in any version.

Another openGL issue perhaps? Or did you have more windows than the GE open? Some plugin interfaces don't work that well with other windows open. With "pointer" do you mean the timeslider, the cursor or transformation handles. If the latter than you sure channels are active? :)

Dan_NT
12-05-2007, 08:20 AM
This works fine for me, so you may just need to purge your preferences. To do this close down LightWave Layout, Modeler and the Hub go to Macintosh HD > Users > Your user name > Library > Preferences and delete LightWave Layout 9 Prefs, LightWave Modeler 9 Prefs, LightWave Hub 9 Prefs and LightWave Extensions 9 Prefs then relaunch LightWave and try again.

Also, see if it does this on a brand new scene with a brand new model after the prefs have been purged. If it does, then what version of LightWave are you on? What kind of Mac are you running under what OS and what graphics card?

Johnny
12-05-2007, 10:18 AM
Hello...

Yes, I mean timeslider. I have only the scene window and the graph editor window open at the time..perhaps a palette or two.

I'll try trashing the prefs and try on a brand new scene..

Yes, I had the channel activated (say an object's Y-position, and that curve becomes active, not dimmed).

thank you for those suggestions.

Mac OS 10.4.10, Mac Mini G4 1.5ghz. Not sure about the card...ATI 32 mb; dunno the model.

J

This works fine for me, so you may just need to purge your preferences. To do this close down LightWave Layout, Modeler and the Hub go to Macintosh HD > Users > Your user name > Library > Preferences and delete LightWave Layout 9 Prefs, LightWave Modeler 9 Prefs, LightWave Hub 9 Prefs and LightWave Extensions 9 Prefs then relaunch LightWave and try again.

Also, see if it does this on a brand new scene with a brand new model after the prefs have been purged. If it does, then what version of LightWave are you on? What kind of Mac are you running under what OS and what graphics card?