PDA

View Full Version : Help! Dropping Fames!

MysterioMask
12-04-2007, 07:34 PM
We just recently upgraded from VT4 to VT5. Amoung many other problems we recently have we are dropping many frames durring the recordings that we do. Usually between about 70 - 110 total frames dropped durring each recording that we do. We remix our audio in post and edit the better sounding audio into our program with the video, but recently the editor has been having major problems with the audio and video because of the amount of dropped frames which is throwing the audio and video off by quite alot from what im being told, and is causing him to work much longer trying to sync the audio and video together.

We typically drop 2 frames durring every or every other transition, be it a crossfade or an animated transition. Doesnt matter if we use the T-bar on the RS-8 or the auto button, on either the RS-8 or the in program switcher. We still drop the frames.

We have been told that alot of the other problems we have had, will be fixed with an addition of a 2nd video card. Is there anything i can do to stop dropping frames at all, or will it be fixed with another card? Has anyone else had these dropped frame issues?

If anyone needs more information on specs and things, let me know and ill provide them.

PIZAZZ
12-04-2007, 08:38 PM
In the Capture Panel, Are you capturing from MainIn? If so then change it to Program Out. I have a feeling that is all.

If that is not it then the next thing I suggest is more hardware related. Try the easy solution first then we can look at others if needed.

nevmoor
12-05-2007, 11:46 AM
I agree. Change the capture to grab the program instead of Main. We have always had issues with dropped frames when trying to record the main in.
I have always wondered why. The reason we were trying to use main in was to get a clean feed (no DSK). I found another way to get a clean feed as mentioned in THIS (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76831&highlight=clean+feed) thread

kltv
12-05-2007, 01:15 PM
I have always wondered why.

I think it is just the routing inside the SX-8 changing. Back in VT[3] it used to say "input sync glitch" on the capture panel and then report the dropped frames.

Kris

MysterioMask
12-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Sorry it took so long for the reasponse but changing it from Main In, to Program Out worked. Thanks much.