PDA

View Full Version : A few Necessary Features

gte307e
12-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Feature requests:

1. Firewire video output- since WM streaming is limited (single bit rate, no scripting), we'd like to output to a PC to stream like we normally do with scripts and multiple bit-rates.

2. Multiple bit-rate encoding! Why not enable all features of WM Encoder in tricaster.

3. WM encoder Scripting. Very useful for many purposes. For our purposes, mandatory.

4. A way for us to get these upgrades to our brand new Tricaster Pro that we just bought!

PIZAZZ
12-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Feature requests:

1. Firewire video output- since WM streaming is limited (single bit rate, no scripting), we'd like to output to a PC to stream like we normally do with scripts and multiple bit-rates.

TCPro and Studio can do multiple bit-rates as long as you create a .prx file with the proper settings.

2. Multiple bit-rate encoding! Why not enable all features of WM Encoder in tricaster.

It does. Just create a .prx file with what you want and then stick it in the correct folder for TC to pick it up in the Streaming Module.

3. WM encoder Scripting. Very useful for many purposes. For our purposes, mandatory.

This one is a little tougher. You might be able create a .prx that allows you to time scripting functions. I would have to look into that. If you have to have scripting then you may be stuck using a second box to do that. Take the component out of the TC and go into an ADS Pyro YUVtoDV convertor box then stream away with WinMediaEncoder. If that does not work for you then I know of a way to "customize" the TC to do scripting. Contact me directly for details.

4. A way for us to get these upgrades to our brand new Tricaster Pro that we just bought!
Can't help you there. But you already have most of what you asked for. The remaining stuff can be done with a little work.