PDA

View Full Version : Modeler problem 8.5

finearts2
12-03-2007, 07:46 AM
Don't know if this is just a mac issue or not, but I have been having a problem when I try modeling in 8.5. If I create a object in a different layer, like this ball for example, the points are off in one area of my workspace and the polygons are in another. The points will affect the polys if I move them, but is VERY difficult to work this way. Anyone know a fix, reload Lightwave (again, uggghh) or if by using Lightwave on my new Imac with Intel processors is causing this to happen?
Any help is appreciated!

eblu
12-03-2007, 08:03 AM
do you have a morph map activated?

finearts2
12-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Nope, no morph map activated. I made just a square in a new document, and again it's doing the same thing, also, it's weird, I can make a spline and it's like the points are in a different area, but if I turn off show points, I get the blue handles in the right spot, but when I make the points visible again, it goes right back to being off.

gerry_g
12-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Got to be a graphics card problem, I have an ancient Radion9650 on my PPC Mac where I keep an old copy of LW7.5/8,5/even a PPC 9.3.1 and none exhibit this problem in any viewport even on a 30" monitor