PDA

View Full Version : Installing on OS X 10.4.11

Qslugs
12-03-2007, 12:34 AM
Can someone point me to a detailed description of how to install LW in OS X 10.4.11. I can't seem to get it to run in anything other than discovery mode. Im mainly a Windows person, so I don't quite understand where everything needs to be on the mac side of things. I'm in the middle of switching teams, currently have LW running fine in XP, it's not cooperating on the mac though.

Thanks in advance.

norlight
12-03-2007, 04:26 AM
Mmmmm, That´s an odd-ball so to speak. Installation shouldn´t be problematic.

I`ve personally only seen install problems with the license nr not being in the right text-format. This was however a long time ago, I believe early v8, or maybe even v7???

Can you help us help you by telling us a little more about what you´ve done so far and what your problems are (well software-wise that is ;) )?

Qslugs
12-03-2007, 10:00 AM
The main problem is the program is in perpetual discovery mode. Lightwave works fine on my XP machine with the same dongle.

The thing is that I tried installing LW months ago on OSX and haven't touched it on the mac since, I cant quite remember what I did or didn't do. I barely know how OS X organizes things. The install page that came with the discs I found to be quite vague, I guess that was my first problem. If it were on the windows side of things I'd know exactly what to do, theres only 3 or 4 things that need to happen so the software works.

So let me see if I have this correct:

Install the dongle drivers
Insert Dongle in USB port
Install Lightwave
Place license file in directory - Which directory should this be in, I want to be certain its in the proper location.

This literally is more or less what I did. (I think)

Am I missing something?

himani
12-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Which dongle do you have... The duo dongles (rainbow style) had two separate IDs, one for the PC and one for the Mac. Two different license numbers are needed, one for each.
If you are using one of the new dongles (black Sentinal with a light on the end) the dongle should have only one ID and one serial number for both PCs and Macs.
Which are you using?

BeeVee
12-10-2007, 02:04 AM
Are you using a Mac license.key? It'll be different to your PC one unless you have a new black (or possibly red) dongle.

B

Qslugs
12-10-2007, 10:28 PM
I have the mac license, yes I am aware there are two. I went through the enter license key in the help menu, that writes the license to the license.key file, it tells me that license key was written successfully. Yet when I reload Lightwave, its still in discovery mode. So then I try manually putting the license info into the license.key file.

This is the whats in the license file, (sans X's of course)

I also tried pasting just the first 16 digits. That didn't work either.

XXXX-6718-6836-7597 // Dongle ID 'X0X28' (created Thu Aug 9 19:31:00 2007)

The other thing I did was to try running different versions of 9.x I started with the base 9.0 install that came with the CD, that didnt work, then I tired the newest, that didnt work either.

I also reinstalled the eve framework from the 9.3 download menu as well. I think I'm about to give up on LW on the mac.

The only other thing I will try doing is restarting the computer, which I will do after I post this.

Chilton
12-11-2007, 05:48 AM
Hi Qslugs,

First, what error message do you get?

Second, are you using the Universal Binary or the CFM version? The Universal Binary is a drag and drop install. The CFM version is an actual installer. They store their files in different locations.

Thanks,
-Chilton