billmi
12-03-2007, 06:23 AM
Nothing short of amazing, Bob.

Bobt
12-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Thanks,
I will do the keyframing demo soon.
If anyonw wants to purcahse this fine plugin
go to www.bobfx.com click on the buy now button.
Thanks,

Keith Nealy
12-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Great Bob.

Is there an upgrade price if we already own the original SoftFX?

Also, in the blur faces demo, if you wanted to blur out another face, can you stack the SoftFX?

Aloha,

Keith

stevehmeyer
12-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Bob:

Is there a package price for "BobFX Complete" and "Bob's SoftFX for SE 1.5"?

Steve Horstmeyer

ScorpioProd
12-03-2007, 02:34 PM
OK, I think there's a VERY important part of BobsSoftFX that even Bob may not have realized... Something VERY powerful...

Realize, it is only since SE 1.5 that SE is capable of FULL HD resolution without softening the image, this is due to a new and improved render pipeline...

The side effect of this is that 100% of the old Newtek and third-party DVEs will NOT work at HD resolution without making your whole project softer...

That's why you have the new choices in preferences about changing all DVEs that won't preserve the full quality to crossfades instead...

Guess what... Bob's SoftFX is NOT subject to this limitation of the old DVEs!

So yes, ONLY BOB'S SOFTFX CAN GIVE YOU FULL HD QUALITY TRANSITIONS IN SPEEDEDIT!

I don't know about the rest of you, but this alone makes me want to SHOUT:

IF YOU'RE DOING HD WITH SPEEDEDIT, YOU NEED BOB'S SOFTFX! :)

stevehmeyer
12-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Eugene:

Thanks. Once again you have made the fuzzy is made crystal clear (in this case HD crystal clear).

It seems the way to go is with Bob's SoftFX and the rest of Bob's plugins.

Steve Horstmeyer

stevehmeyer
12-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Eugene:

Thanks. Once again you have made the fuzzy crystal clear (in this case HD crystal clear).

It seems the way to go is with Bob's SoftFX and the rest of Bob's plugins.

Steve Horstmeyer

Keith Nealy
12-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Bob or Eugene, two questions...

1. Does SoftFx also have a simple dissolve as well as wipes?

2. Can you put a Shadow on the Fx?

thanks

Keith

Bobt
12-03-2007, 08:20 PM
<1. Does SoftFx also have a simple dissolve as well as wipes?
You or I can make one in 2 seconds.

<2. Can you put a Shadow on the Fx?
No, very sorry no shadows. Never thought about adding em or how to control them.

Bob

ted
12-03-2007, 10:24 PM
In case I haven't said it for awhile...NICE WORK BOBBY!!! :thumbsup:

Keith Nealy
12-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Bob, with regards to the "no shadows" it makes me wonder - is the control tree for the overlay clip still active on that clip - meaning - will the shadow and color correction controls still be active for the overlay clip? Would the clip border and softness work?

Thanks

Keith

Bobt
12-05-2007, 02:32 PM
>Bob, with regards to the "no shadows" it makes me wonder - is the control
>tree for the overlay clip still active on that clip - meaning - will the shadow
>and color correction controls still be active for the overlay clip? Would the
>clip border and softness work?

it does not know about the injected Alpha.
To be honest I never thought about making a shadow for this.
Depending on how much time XtraChannel takes I will consider adding
this. So you want a shadow for the mask correct? Not the wipe.

Keith Nealy
12-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Bob,

The shadow would be great if you can do it. This plugin feature makes up for VT Edit/ SE's long standing biggest deficency of not being able to do overlays of clips (with transitions).

For many creative applications the shadow feature and access to all the contol tree controls would be a must - and a dealbreaker for some - with out it.

To clear up any confusion about terminology of "masks and wipes" let me just tell you what I would like to see. I would like to be able to transition on a video clip with a dissolve or wipe in an overlay of any shape with an adjustable softness border - not just to smooth out rough edges but to feather the clip into the background with a wide soft adjustable border. I would like to have an adjustable soft shadow that could be cast from any direction from the overlay onto the background.

I know it's a lot to ask but that is what we really need. I usually have to to take my clip to aftereffects to do the softedge/alpha and then bring it back but you don't have the reference of the background when you do that and it's a royal pain with a lot of clips.

I don't know why Newtek never implimented this as it is one of the most needed features an editor needs.

Thanks for all your great work.

Keith

Bobt
12-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Can you post 2 images showing what you mean? Or email me a couple of
before during and after, I can be thick headed.

ScorpioProd
12-05-2007, 03:51 PM
I would like to be able to transition on a video clip with a dissolve or wipe in an overlay of any shape with an adjustable softness border - not just to smooth out rough edges but to feather the clip into the background with a wide soft adjustable border.

But SoftFX already has EXACTLY that. Take a look at Bob's tutorials, he clearly shows it there.

Personally, I think it is amazing all the stuff that SoftFX can already do beyond the native toolset of SpeedEDIT.

Of course, as with any toolset, it can get better and more full featured over time, but for now, considering what it is, I think it's GREAT! :thumbsup:

If lack of some other features is a deal breaker for some, I'm surprised they're using SpeedEDIT up to this point. ;)

tmon
12-06-2007, 03:09 AM
Wow. Great work, Bob! Glad you're still helping out this community! I've used the earlier version of SoftFX, but the improvements that you demonstrate in the .wmv's are HUGE, and will be well worth the investment.

Thanks again!

Keith Nealy
12-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Easy, Eugene, I'm not attacking Bob. I did look at the tutorials and I didn't see a feathered softness control. It only showed a slight softening of the rough edges - AND - it didn't show a shadow control, which Bob admits. He asked me to post what I would like to see and I did. I will post some pics when I come off location.

I'm the first to say that Bob is making a tremendous contribution to the VT community - I'm only trying to help him make it better. As to "I'm surprised they're using SpeedEDIT up to this point." You know the answer to that already. For what it does, it does very fast - for more creative/complicated sequences - unfortunately, you gotta go elsewhere.

aloha,

Keith

ted
12-07-2007, 07:48 PM
If lack of some other features is a deal breaker for some, I'm surprised they're using SpeedEDIT up to this point. ;)

Eugene, I'm throwing the B.S. flag for such a broad comment! :lol:

I just got off EDIUS and VEGAS forums and there are people complaining about lack of this and that as well as crashes and features not implemented.

EDIUS just implemented a 4.5.2 patch that had all sorts of CG related crashing, "blurry" up and down rez issues, lock-ups, application randomly closing etc.
Heck, NewTek resolved most of this by 1.5. :D

Bobt
12-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Ken where are the images?
Did I miss em.

Bob
(As Bobs avoids the other 2 guys kicking each other in the shins.)

ScorpioProd
12-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Eugene, I'm throwing the B.S. flag for such a broad comment! :lol:

I just got off EDIUS and VEGAS forums and there are people complaining about lack of this and that as well as crashes and features not implemented.

EDIUS just implemented a 4.5.2 patch that had all sorts of CG related crashing, "blurry" up and down rez issues, lock-ups, application randomly closing etc.
Heck, NewTek resolved most of this by 1.5. :D

I put a wink after my comment... :hey:

As for SoftFX, it has a softness control for both the mask edge and the wipe... I thought that would give you what you asked about, it is feathering it into the clip it is over, AFAIK. If you keep cranking the control higher, I think it will give you that.

As for shadows, that would be cool, though note that if it's something like CG with the shadows already there, they would certainly be preserved through SoftFX.

No NLE is perfect, I certainly agree. Though I do have to say Vegas Pro 8.0a is running without any problems for me. And most people in the forums are having good luck with it from what I've seen.

As for TGV, they've just launched EDIUS Neo, which is an interesting attack on the low-end of the market with an impressive price point and lots of features. How good it is, no one knows yet. I still do envy the TGV HQ codec, it's a high quality codec that EDIUS, Vegas and SpeedEDIT/VT all understand correctly.

As for SE 1.5.1, it's acting pretty stable for me, though marker placement and removal is wonky and CG styles that I save aren't there next time I launch SE. So I'm hoping for a SE 1.5.2 soon.

As for SE 2.0... Hmmh... You're inspiring me to conduct a poll, Ted... :angel: